Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1) Styling interior/exterior - 100% subjective and it should be. You're the one who has to look at it everyday.
2) Center console - You either like the Palisade's push button shifter and how this enables more efficient use of the center console, or you don't. Wife loves that she has a place to put her purse with easy access.
3) Driver info center - Palisade is 12.3", 100% programmable and digital versus 7" digital + 2 analog, non-customizable gauges in the Kia.
4) Push button 3rd row decline is only available in the Palisade.
5) 20" wheels - black only on the Telluride, black chrome on the Palisade.
6) Palisade has different rear end suspension. Makes the ride VERY compliant. Shocks are supplied by 2 different suppliers. Palisade uses Sachs/ZF and are tuned to react faster than Kia which means it can actually be both more compliant and a better handler.
7) Palisade has more sound deadening and thicker glass. Makes for a very quiet ride, although the Telluride is not far behind.
8) Telluride has more space (2") behind the 3rd row. Slightly different length and body lines for the Palisade surrenders the space.
9) Palisade limited comes standard with self-leveling suspension. Telluride you need to order the trailering package.
10) Kia has power folding mirrors, Hyundai does not.
11) Both have 630watt stereos, Kia has 10 speakers, Hyundai has 12. I honestly could not tell a difference, but I. Sure some audiophile could.
12) The Palisade has a perforation rust warranty that is two years longer than the Telluride. All other aspects of the warranty are the same.
13) The Telluride has 3 more cubic feet of cargo space behind the 3rd row.
14) The Palisade has power folding/lifting 3rd row in addition to the aforementioned power reclining.
15) The Palisade has remote start available on the key fob, whereas the Telluride requires the UVO app.
16) The Palisade has 2” more leg room in the first row, but the Telluride has 0.7” more head room in the 3rd row.
17) The Palisade has a bigger glove compartment.
18) The Palisade has better headlights, thus making it an IIIHS Top Safety Pick +.
19) The Telluride has bag hooks on the front seat backs for the second row.
20) If the app matters to you, you get 3 free years of BlueLink (Palisade) vs. 1 free year of UVO (Telluride).

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks for the great summary of the video. I wish the Palisade had a traditional gear shift lever like the Telluride. My second choice would be a dial shifter as IMO it's more intuitive than push buttons. In any case, not a deal breaker as I'm sure I could live with push buttons. I find it odd that the Palisade does not offer power folding mirrors like the Telluride. The Kia Sorento has had power folding mirrors for a few years, at least on the top trims.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the great summary of the video. I wish the Palisade had a traditional gear shift lever like the Telluride. My second choice would be a dial shifter as IMO it's more intuitive than push buttons. In any case, not a deal breaker as I'm sure I could live with push buttons. I find it odd that the Palisade does not offer power folding mirrors like the Telluride. The Kia Sorento has had power folding mirrors for a few years, at least on the top trims.
The shifter definitely took some getting use to. I do like how it makes that area appear more upscale like Jaguar and Range Rover. It also frees up the area underneath which my wife loves. With a conventional shifter you'd lose that area. Agree on the mirrors, but honestly we have no use for them. We don't park on the street and it's not like their F-150 sized or anything. I'd want them for the 'cool factor' only. I don't love everything on the Palisade, but my gripe list is pretty short:

1) We have the black interior and the leather + black surfaces really seem to attract dust. My wife wanted another white vehicle with a tan interior (same as here Jeep GC) and I talked her out of it. Should've went for the light interior. Clearly this isn't Hyundai's issue, but I will say my Z06 doesn't seem to have the same affinity for dust collection as the Palisade does.

2) The black chrome trim (my term for it as it's not BRIGHT chrome) seems to attract fingerprints like a stainless steel refrigerator. We're continually wiping these down. Any time you touch the door handle you've left a finger print.

3) Giant chrome H emblems front and rear. Hated these on the Mercedes SUV's and hate them here. Can't we just dial these down a bit. Worse though was finding the mounting holes behind the H emblem on the rear. So now absolutely no option for leaving the rear emblem off as you need something to cover the holes. I'd prefer to have it clean really.

4) HVAC screen on center console is a scratch magnet. We use only clean microfiber towels on our cars. Nothing on my other cars is scratched by microfiber cloths, but I'm warning others, stay away from that screen or you will scratch it. We're now using just a duster for that piece.

5) Rear Climate Control defaults to off upon starting the vehicle (after a few hours).

6) High Beam Assist (HBA) defaults to off each time the vehicle restarts.

7) “Walk-Away Lock” menu is not present in setup, but it is in the manual, vehicle does not automatically lock.

8) Driver Seat Memory is not stored in the key fob, each driver must manually select button 1 or 2 when they enter.

I know those are REALLY nit-picking and mostly around keeping the vehicle clean and looking new. If you'd have seen our Jeep GC I'd defy anyone to tell it was 6 years old with 85K miles. The good news is MUCH of the "system" opportunities can be fixed by Hyundai motors as the Palisade has OTA upgrade capability. If enough owners mention some of these, Hyundai can use OTA to reprogram the coding to address them. If I was to do my nit-pick list on my Z06 it would be infinitely longer including missing intelligent cruise control, blind spot warning, etc. And because I can't stand to end on a negative, here's another thoughtful feature of the Hyundai Palisade that I love:

Windshield Wiper position for replacing or washing your car. GENIUS!!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
The shifter definitely took some getting use to. I do like how it makes that area appear more upscale like Jaguar and Range Rover. It also frees up the area underneath which my wife loves. With a conventional shifter you'd lose that area. Agree on the mirrors, but honestly we have no use for them. We don't park on the street and it's not like their F-150 sized or anything. I'd want them for the 'cool factor' only. I don't love everything on the Palisade, but my gripe list is pretty short:

1) We have the black interior and the leather + black surfaces really seem to attract dust. My wife wanted another white vehicle with a tan interior (same as here Jeep GC) and I talked her out of it. Should've went for the light interior. Clearly this isn't Hyundai's issue, but I will say my Z06 doesn't seem to have the same affinity for dust collection as the Palisade does.

2) The black chrome trim (my term for it as it's not BRIGHT chrome) seems to attract fingerprints like a stainless steel refrigerator. We're continually wiping these down. Any time you touch the door handle you've left a finger print.

3) Giant chrome H emblems front and rear. Hated these on the Mercedes SUV's and hate them here. Can't we just dial these down a bit. Worse though was finding the mounting holes behind the H emblem on the rear. So now absolutely no option for leaving the rear emblem off as you need something to cover the holes. I'd prefer to have it clean really.

4) HVAC screen on center console is a scratch magnet. We use only clean microfiber towels on our cars. Nothing on my other cars is scratched by microfiber cloths, but I'm warning others, stay away from that screen or you will scratch it. We're now using just a duster for that piece.

5) Rear Climate Control defaults to off upon starting the vehicle (after a few hours).

6) High Beam Assist (HBA) defaults to off each time the vehicle restarts.

7) “Walk-Away Lock” menu is not present in setup, but it is in the manual, vehicle does not automatically lock.

8) Driver Seat Memory is not stored in the key fob, each driver must manually select button 1 or 2 when they enter.

I know those are REALLY nit-picking and mostly around keeping the vehicle clean and looking new. If you'd have seen our Jeep GC I'd defy anyone to tell it was 6 years old with 85K miles. The good news is MUCH of the "system" opportunities can be fixed by Hyundai motors as the Palisade has OTA upgrade capability. If enough owners mention some of these, Hyundai can use OTA to reprogram the coding to address them. If I was to do my nit-pick list on my Z06 it would be infinitely longer including missing intelligent cruise control, blind spot warning, etc. And because I can't stand to end on a negative, here's another thoughtful feature of the Hyundai Palisade that I love:

Windshield Wiper position for replacing or washing your car. GENIUS!!!!

Brilliant! Murray Hyundai is where I bought my SF XL :)

Have you considered debadging the "P A L I S A D E" off the hatch?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brilliant! Murray Hyundai is where I bought my SF XL :)

Have you considered debadging the "P A L I S A D E" off the hatch?
I actually like the P A L I S A D E part. Wish it was on the front as well like the Telluride.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hope others are finding forums with a lot more traffic than this one. I'm seeing about 12 times the number of posts about the Palisade elsewhere without SanteFe owners feeling compelled to whine about a Palisade model they don't own. I put that specific member on ignore, which dropped the posts in half here. Made me realize this really isn't a place to find meaningful Palisade specific information but a platform for a malcontent to whine. Hoping others find a true enthusiast forum like I did.

·
Registered
1 Posts
CVP - thanks for your helpful posts! I agree with Gollyggg, I don't care for the giant letters, plus they are tough to wax around. Whether I end up with Telluride or Palisade (leaning here), debadging will be part of my offer. Any word/info on how map updates will work? In cabin filter location? Care to share the enthusiast forum?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@gizzsdad

1) Yup, giant letter aren't my cup of tea for sure. Didn't even think about the waxing, but honestly the P A L I S A D E will make it pretty tough anyway.

2) Map updates should be OTA. As for schedule or notifications? I'll tell you when it happens, but I'd be surprised if these were more than an annual occurrence, but who know's at this point.

3) Air Cabin Filter - https://www.hyundai-forums.com/threads/air-cabin-filter.659996/

4) Huge forum NO NO to share other forum sites. Google and you'll find it I'm sure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
@gizzsdad

1) Yup, giant letter aren't my cup of tea for sure. Didn't even think about the waxing, but honestly the P A L I S A D E will make it pretty tough anyway.

2) Map updates should be OTA. As for schedule or notifications? I'll tell you when it happens, but I'd be surprised if these were more than an annual occurrence, but who know's at this point.

3) Air Cabin Filter - https://www.hyundai-forums.com/threads/air-cabin-filter.659996/

4) Huge forum NO NO to share other forum sites. Google and you'll find it I'm sure.
Map updates aren't OTA. You need to get them from mapnsoft, but you do get them for free for 3 years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts