The shifter definitely took some getting use to. I do like how it makes that area appear more upscale like Jaguar and Range Rover. It also frees up the area underneath which my wife loves. With a conventional shifter you'd lose that area. Agree on the mirrors, but honestly we have no use for them. We don't park on the street and it's not like their F-150 sized or anything. I'd want them for the 'cool factor' only. I don't love everything on the Palisade, but my gripe list is pretty short:Thanks for the great summary of the video. I wish the Palisade had a traditional gear shift lever like the Telluride. My second choice would be a dial shifter as IMO it's more intuitive than push buttons. In any case, not a deal breaker as I'm sure I could live with push buttons. I find it odd that the Palisade does not offer power folding mirrors like the Telluride. The Kia Sorento has had power folding mirrors for a few years, at least on the top trims.
Brilliant! Murray Hyundai is where I bought my SF XLThe shifter definitely took some getting use to. I do like how it makes that area appear more upscale like Jaguar and Range Rover. It also frees up the area underneath which my wife loves. With a conventional shifter you'd lose that area. Agree on the mirrors, but honestly we have no use for them. We don't park on the street and it's not like their F-150 sized or anything. I'd want them for the 'cool factor' only. I don't love everything on the Palisade, but my gripe list is pretty short:
1) We have the black interior and the leather + black surfaces really seem to attract dust. My wife wanted another white vehicle with a tan interior (same as here Jeep GC) and I talked her out of it. Should've went for the light interior. Clearly this isn't Hyundai's issue, but I will say my Z06 doesn't seem to have the same affinity for dust collection as the Palisade does.
2) The black chrome trim (my term for it as it's not BRIGHT chrome) seems to attract fingerprints like a stainless steel refrigerator. We're continually wiping these down. Any time you touch the door handle you've left a finger print.
3) Giant chrome H emblems front and rear. Hated these on the Mercedes SUV's and hate them here. Can't we just dial these down a bit. Worse though was finding the mounting holes behind the H emblem on the rear. So now absolutely no option for leaving the rear emblem off as you need something to cover the holes. I'd prefer to have it clean really.
4) HVAC screen on center console is a scratch magnet. We use only clean microfiber towels on our cars. Nothing on my other cars is scratched by microfiber cloths, but I'm warning others, stay away from that screen or you will scratch it. We're now using just a duster for that piece.
5) Rear Climate Control defaults to off upon starting the vehicle (after a few hours).
6) High Beam Assist (HBA) defaults to off each time the vehicle restarts.
7) “Walk-Away Lock” menu is not present in setup, but it is in the manual, vehicle does not automatically lock.
8) Driver Seat Memory is not stored in the key fob, each driver must manually select button 1 or 2 when they enter.
I know those are REALLY nit-picking and mostly around keeping the vehicle clean and looking new. If you'd have seen our Jeep GC I'd defy anyone to tell it was 6 years old with 85K miles. The good news is MUCH of the "system" opportunities can be fixed by Hyundai motors as the Palisade has OTA upgrade capability. If enough owners mention some of these, Hyundai can use OTA to reprogram the coding to address them. If I was to do my nit-pick list on my Z06 it would be infinitely longer including missing intelligent cruise control, blind spot warning, etc. And because I can't stand to end on a negative, here's another thoughtful feature of the Hyundai Palisade that I love:
Windshield Wiper position for replacing or washing your car. GENIUS!!!!
Map updates aren't OTA. You need to get them from mapnsoft, but you do get them for free for 3 years.@gizzsdad
1) Yup, giant letter aren't my cup of tea for sure. Didn't even think about the waxing, but honestly the P A L I S A D E will make it pretty tough anyway.
2) Map updates should be OTA. As for schedule or notifications? I'll tell you when it happens, but I'd be surprised if these were more than an annual occurrence, but who know's at this point.
3) Air Cabin Filter - https://www.hyundai-forums.com/threads/air-cabin-filter.659996/
4) Huge forum NO NO to share other forum sites. Google and you'll find it I'm sure.