Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Tucson owners!
I drive a 2017 Tucson SE PLUS -

First I am a bit confused. I know I have the LED "brow" above the headlights and the LED DRLs, but are any of the head lights LED???

If not I am looking for recommendations to replace/upgrade (DIY) to LED Headlights High and Low Beams.

Has anyone tired replacing the headlights with LED? What brand/model did you use and what obstacles did you run into?

Any information is sincerely appreciated!

Thanks, Brad

ADMIN - If this post already exists or needs to be moved, please accept my apology I did search and could not find anything on this topic..

Attachments

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Your headlights are halogen. To change to HID or LED you will need a particular H7 bulb adapter that can be found online. Few have been able to get LED's in to work (has to be a slim style). Most have just went HID. Many have issues with the CAN bus system stating "headlight out" afterwards. Seems to have a sensitive system. Both hi and lo beams are H7.

I have a complete HID for mine, but have never installed it due to the many complaints with error messages. Maybe one day.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just curious, do you like HID better?
yes and no.
led is better because is instant on,hid warm up time is 30sec,but whan i was driving whit led one resistor died and car was cuting power on headlights,i didnt had other resistor but had hid kit at home and istall them,no iam to laizy to change back to led.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
personally I go with HIDs, LEds are just badly suck on the wet road! 55W is the best way to go!

·
Registered
941 Posts
I was not impressed with the LED kit(s) I used on my Elantra. I removed the low LED and went with HID instead. I don't know if it was solely because of the kits or because of the projector headlights I had not throwing the light very well but I'm wary of trying LED's again on the Tucson. I might eventually do it but am in no rush.

Between the two, HID is the better option by far, but has it's own set of pros/cons.

In the Santa Fe forum @ratledge installed a bunch of LED kits and compared them... you might look at that thread for some insight on a couple different brands.

·
Registered
669 Posts
No doubt about the fact that HID work best for low beams, but for high beam instant on the LED kits work better and unlike a year ago there are some decent ones available.

Be sure and read the end of the thread - that was six weeks ago, so now there are some new solutions that I didn't look at.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I used these for my HID I purchased from Diode Dynamics you will have to modify the original plug for the headlamp as it will not fit into the housing with the new bulb and adapter. they were on Amazon for around $13

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts