Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if a Hyundai dealership could add the Tech Package to my Santa Fe - 2.0T Ultimate after I’ve purchased it.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I seriously doubt it. That is a fairly extensive package of items. And if they could....The cost of the parts and labor involved would most likely be FAR more than as a $1,600 option and far more than you would be willing to spend. Looking at what is included in that package I would guess that the parts alone would be more than $1,600...Would not be surprised if it approached or exceeded $3,000 in parts alone.

Regardless of the manufacturer.....Know what you want and purchase the vehicle as you want it. In some cases the manufacturer may offer an accessory kit to install some items, but many of the more advanced features such as those listed it the Tech package are not available. I would add that in this case the added components would probably only be warranted for by the Part Replacement Warranty and not by the New Vehicle Warranty. We receive similar requests to install high tech items onto vehicles that were purchased without them and in most cases....If there is no accessory kit....It cannot be done.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Could they, yes. Would they, no. What ever it is you want, go aftermarket.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The Hyundai dealers around here don't do any kind of repairs or service except fluids and really minor stuff. My dealer said that they can't even install the trailer hitch so I highly doubt they could do a Tech package upgrade even if Hyundai sold it. Of course, that may just be dealers in my area.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
You have the Ultimate.. this is the Tech Package you don't have ?

Smart Cruise Control (SCC) with Stop/Start
Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) with Pedestrian Detection
Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) with Automatic Vehicle Hold
Dynamic Bending Light (DBL)
High Beam Assist
Auto-leveling headlights

No way they can add that. They should have offered to find you one.

I love my SCC. I don't have AEB, the LDW is no good out in the country. I'm always near the center due to deer.
Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) with Automatic Vehicle Hold, again it's just a parking brake. I have the AVH, never used it.
The DBL, don't have but not sure if they would be worth it. Little motors that turn your headlights, sounds like trouble at 70K.
High Beam Assist, again if you live out in the country. It just turns on/off your high beams. Country life....
Auto leveling headlights - unless you really have heavy weight in the back. Again something to go wrong at 70K.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You have the Ultimate.. this is the Tech Package you don't have ?

Smart Cruise Control (SCC) with Stop/Start
Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) with Pedestrian Detection
Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) with Automatic Vehicle Hold
Dynamic Bending Light (DBL)
High Beam Assist
Auto-leveling headlights

No way they can add that. They should have offered to find you one.

I love my SCC. I don't have AEB, the LDW is no good out in the country. I'm always near the center due to deer.
Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) with Automatic Vehicle Hold, again it's just a parking brake. I have the AVH, never used it.
The DBL, don't have but not sure if they would be worth it. Little motors that turn your headlights, sounds like trouble at 70K.
High Beam Assist, again if you live out in the country. It just turns on/off your high beams. Country life....
Auto leveling headlights - unless you really have heavy weight in the back. Again something to go wrong at 70K.

This is pretty much why I didn't push to find one with the additional Tech package. The only part of this I would use is the Smart Cruise Control but don't think I would ever really 100% trust it. I would rather stay in full control of my cruise by hitting the cancel and resume buttons. Letting the car do everything may lull me in to a false sense of security.

I don't want the AEB, I pay attention enough to brake and after over 30 years of driving my system of paying attention works.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I needed the infinity audio but this tech package just looked like a headache if it ever failed so I left it off.

The pedestrian detection was the only part of it that really seemed useful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts