Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the base model GT which had just about everything I needed. The only major downer is that I only have Auto-down driverside window.

My questions is, can I swap out the switches from another trim GT or another Hyundai that shares parts to get the auto- up/down? if its possible, does anyone know the part number to look it up?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,096 Posts
Everything is possible if your willing to through enough time and money at the problem but IMHO, this is more effort than it's worth.

You'd need to replace all the switches, the window motors and modify the wiring to give all the windows one touch operation. That sounds like a lot of effort for little reward to me.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything is possible if your willing to through enough time and money at the problem but IMHO, this is more effort than it's worth.

You'd need to replace all the switches, the window motors and modify the wiring to give all the windows one touch operation. That sounds like a lot of effort for little reward to me.
I'm just looking to do the driver's window. The Style package offers the up/down feature. I'm more interested in if it is just the switch module that needs changing or if it's more than that.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,096 Posts
No, the motor is different as is the wiring.
But you can't replace only the driver's door switch anyway. You need to replace the complete switch assembly and that will mean you'll have the wrong type of switches for all the other doors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts