Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. the dealer couldn't locate the "cracking" sound on the drivers side that happens where the dash and windshield seem to meet when you brake hard, accelerate quickly and go over bumps.. they did confirm again that they can hear it and that the sound comes from different places.. just like I told them... here's hoping they don't damage the interior when doing the work today!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
We have the same noise on our Sante Fe. I found that the noise is actually coming from the piece of plastic on the exterior bottom edge of the windshield. It is most noticable in the winter when water freezes along the bottom of the window. I think a better rubber seal along the edge would fix the problem. Check it out and maybe save yourself some dash removal carnage!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They had the vehicle all day last Thursday and couldn't hunt down the source..

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wow. All I can say is that when you get it back, I would check every control and function with a fine-toothed comb! Lots of connections to be put back together behind the dash! :whistling:

Hope they find the noise!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well.. everything is back together, working and tight.. no scratches or damage to the interior.. and the culprit???? Loose clips at the back of the dash where it connects to the firewall.. clips replaced/tightened and all good. It took them 2 1/2 days to diagnose/find/repair the issue.. but they nailed it...
Whether it's bull or not, the service dept head said they were sending all of the info to the factory to help avoid future issues with other owners.

Now today.. going to a different dealer to get all the interior door seals replaced cos my dealer just wanted to stretch them into place

1 - 5 of 5 Posts