Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,i was wondering could you help me with this queiry,recently i went to a tesco garage to fill with fuel,i drive a hyundai tucson 2.0,well 3 weeks ago the fuel light comes on so i go right away and fill up,i usually only put about £54 to £60 cause it sounds as if tank is full,but this time it goes up to £75 and could of took more,it says on reciept 62 litres,so i looked at my car manual it says its a 58 litre tank,i says to the assistant about it and she says it has a reserve part in tank,well i am not an expert so i took it at that,i said i would do the same in a couple of weeks to wait till light comes on and go and get fuel,so i did,this time as soon as light comes on i go and fill up,it takes £80 worth and says it 65 litres,so my quiestion is,does my car have a 58 litre tank or like a 2.7 litre a 67 litre tank or is tesco ripping me off,deisel by the way

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Most likely guess is that you are filling the expansion section at the top of the fuel tank.

·
Registered
735 Posts
QUOTE (abracadabra @ Apr 18 2010, 01:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314278
hi,i was wondering could you help me with this queiry,recently i went to a tesco garage to fill with fuel,i drive a hyundai tucson 2.0,well 3 weeks ago the fuel light comes on so i go right away and fill up,i usually only put about £54 to £60 cause it sounds as if tank is full,but this time it goes up to £75 and could of took more,it says on reciept 62 litres,so i looked at my car manual it says its a 58 litre tank,i says to the assistant about it and she says it has a reserve part in tank,well i am not an expert so i took it at that,i said i would do the same in a couple of weeks to wait till light comes on and go and get fuel,so i did,this time as soon as light comes on i go and fill up,it takes £80 worth and says it 65 litres,so my quiestion is,does my car have a 58 litre tank or like a 2.7 litre a 67 litre tank or is tesco ripping me off,deisel by the way
You definitely have a 58 litre tank but it will hold that bit more plus extra all the way up to the filler. I regularly put in 62 or 63 litres dependant on if I have eaten into the reserve at all.
Dont worry about it and for your information all fuel pumps get checked regularly to ensure they pump the correct amount of fuel. These checks are done by customs and Excise.
You can also use a 5% biofuel so basically if there is an outlet for biofuel near you then put around 4 litres of that in before refuelling with normal diesel and it costs less too.(Thats a hyundai recommendation but the biofuel companies say that although you cant use 100 biofuel you could use 50% and it only costs around £1 per litre!! (saving £5 a tankfull not a lot but it helps :) )

itza

1 - 3 of 3 Posts