Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I was driving home from the grocery store today, I suddenly see this tree falling straight across the road in front of me. I sure put the four wheel disc brakes to the test but it was too late. It took out the lower portion of the front grille and folded up the under pan a bit. Bad enough that I had to have it put on a rollback and brought home. There was a guy doing some yard work nearby that saw it happen. He took off running for a second not knowing how this was going to end.

I was glad that it didn't set off my airbag though and in hindsight, I was really lucky that it didn't crash on my hood or windshield. Yes, it could have been a lot worse as this was a dead pine tree about 8" in diameter. And on a good note, I caught the whole thing on my dash cam. It just paid for itself for sure, Now to contact the insurance company and get it fixed.

**I have now included a short video of the incident.

·
Registered
173 Posts
As I was driving home from the grocery store today, I suddenly see this tree falling straight across the road in front of me. I sure put the four wheel disc brakes to the test but it was too late. It took out the lower portion of the front grille and folded up the under pan a bit. Bad enough that I had to have it put on a rollback and brought home. There was a guy doing some yard work nearby that saw it happen. He took off running for a second not knowing how this was going to end.

I was glad that it didn't set off my airbag though and in hindsight, I was really lucky that it didn't crash on my hood or windshield. Yes, it could have been a lot worse as this was a dead pine tree about 8" in diameter. And on a good note, I caught the whole thing on my dash cam. It just paid for itself for sure, Now to contact the insurance company and get it fixed. View attachment 448461
Ssheeeeez! **** close, we're all grateful that you're good. Hopefully insurance company will treat you correctly!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Depending on your deductible, you can also collect from the owner of the property because of not maintaining it properly.
Glad it wasn't worse!

Reactions: graywoulf2

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Depending on your deductible, you can also collect from the owner of the property because of not maintaining it properly. Glad it wasn't worse!
Thanks! I had not thought of collecting from the property owner. I will look into that. I wish I could upload the dash cam video that I edited. It is amazing to watch that tree seemingly come out nowhere. And all of these guys came out of nowhere and was moving the tree trunk and pieces even before I could get out of the car. It was kind of surreal in a way how it all went down.

·
Registered
509 Posts
graywolf2 nice pic for us to see. you got some damage to get repaired, i will say though...if You didn't stop in time like You did. im sure it would have been much worse.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm sure you are correct in high dollar incidents, but for this I believe it would be covered under comprehensive, and be subject to the deductible, The insurance would not likely pursue the property owned for this level of accident.Even if the insurance pays you, you will lose the deductable, which could be $500 (in my case) So I woild have to sue for the rest in small claims, which would be likely paid by the homeowner's policy
I could be wrong...
Now if Johfed's neck started hurting, it would be a different story

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm sure you are correct in high dollar incidents, but for this I believe it would be covered under comprehensive, and be subject to the deductible, The insurance would not likely pursue the property owned for this level of accident.Even if the insurance pays you, you will lose the deductable, which could be $500 (in my case) So I woild have to sue for the rest in small claims, which would be likely paid by the homeowner's policy
I could be wrong...
Now if Johfed's neck started hurting, it would be a different story
Lol, my neck? Why would my neck be hurting? I ask !!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was just giving an example off the top of my head, like whiplash from the sudden stop... etc...

Reactions: johfed

·
Registered
130 Posts
10 seconds(maybe less) either way would have made a huge difference!

Reactions: graywoulf2

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You are so right about that! Ten seconds or maybe even less, the guy behind me in the big GMC SUV could have probably jumped over it. I am so surprised that my car was not hit from the rear as well and that there were no other accidents behind me as there was a lot of traffic behind me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts