Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've heard it's fun, but be careful! I have a friend who was riding her motorcycle and got taken out by an RV. Lots of PT later she is ok, but it really messed her up.

·
Registered
163 Posts
This area is now overrun with both idiots and cops. Be careful. IMO there are better roads up near Pisgah/Hendersonville or 221 between Blowing Rock and Linville.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a friend that's in the local Genesis Coupe club and they drive it twice a year and said the same thing. We are going on Tuesday or Wednesday because they said it's less traffic in the middle of the week. I'm not going to try to break and speed records, haha, just want to drive it to see what it's like. Thanks for the heads up though

·
Registered
660 Posts
That will be fun trip. Hopefully you get several stretches where it is traffic free or at least going the same pace as you. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Actually the run up 129 North from Cleveland to Blairsville is really fun as well. I loved going up there when I had the 2012 Elantra GLS with 6 spd manual. Haven't been up in my GT since I purchased it, but the automatic probably won't be as much fun.

Walt

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you ever get out west, Highway 74 (Ortega Highway) in California from Lake Elsinore to San Juan Capistrano is fantastic as well. I haven't taken it in the GT yet but I'm sure it would make it all the more fun.

·
Hyundai-Forums.com Vendor
290 Posts
I hear this road is awesome! I've had lots of family take the trip on harleys and stuff, watch out for idiot drivers though.

-Nick C.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts