Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've taken it upon myself to replace the tensioner pulley in my 2001 Huyndai Sonata. (Its too squeaky). I have gotten far enough to loosen

the bolt and now its free, just rolling around in its spot...but its in such a tight area that it just won't come out. Mind you this the tensioner for

the serpentine belt, which uses the smooth side of the built. Anyway, I am guessing I will have to take off that whole bracing to be able to

access this thing? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I just attached some pics. What your looking at there is the passenger side, and the grooved pulley is the main one. The one I'm trying to get

out is the tensioner right underneath, all shiny and stuff... And that rolls up and down, but no way to get it out.

Z

Attachments

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Sound like you is trying to remove the tension/adjuustment pulley for the alternator - A/C belt ??

Loosen the pulley lock nut, turn the adjuster bolt to loosen the belt, finish removal of the pulley... You will likely need to remove the right front tire/wheel, then remove the plastic shield on the frame rail there to open up and see the front of engine/belts better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts