Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
QUOTE (liquid_02 @ Apr 24 2009, 11:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=231406
Being probably one of the only guys here who has completely removed the dash, frame and heater box, would HIGHLY advise against it. Took me 13 hours to install the A/C system in my car, about 12 of which was pulling the dash, half of which was spent fighting with the heater box... Pictures make it look a lot easier than it is.

After taking a quick glance at those instructions, they're terrible. They don't show you half the work you have to do. Such as unbolting the steering column, removing the ten thousand plastic clips from various pieces of plastic/metal holding the wiring on to it, heater cable, center console, among lots and lots of other things.
wow I will be taking out my dash to paint, will I need to fight with the heater box and frame???

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I'm trying to remove the factory radio from my 07 accent to install an aftermarket HU, and the pictures don't work anymore.. can anybody tell me what to remove exactly? I know its written to remove the bezel, but what exactly is the bezel?(sorry for the dumb question) is it the entire plastic part around the radio, or the little compartment under the radio? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction as to where I can find a copy of this service manual??? I really need to get at my back door speakers without damaging the car at all and the manual has simply excellent pictures!! Thanks! :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
so i am trying to remove the center lower fascia panel. it is the panel that surrounds the a/c controls and where the little storage bin is. I want to access behind where the storage bin is. i can get the tray out, then remove the one screw but then what? I can see clips on the backside but how do you get those free so you can remove the panel? There are 4 clips but i have tried prying from the front with a flat screwdriver. one will move but the others won't. do i just need to pry harder??

·
Registered
31 Posts
sorry if I put on top this topic again after many years that you post it, but actually is a good topic to how we can do or retire some parts of our car, it's so interesting and I’m glad with you, I’m thinking to change the radio from my Accent and really i did everything and i couldn't to retire the radio, I tried to know in which place there were the screws with a card but I couldn’t BTW with this guide I hope to retire and change for a new one, I’m thinking to change the original stereo for kdc 428u by kenwood.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (Juan Hernández @ Aug 6 2011, 06:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=486817
sorry if I put on top this topic again after many years that you post it, but actually is a good topic to how we can do or retire some parts of our car, it's so interesting and I’m glad with you, I’m thinking to change the radio from my Accent and really i did everything and i couldn't to retire the radio, I tried to know in which place there were the screws with a card but I couldn’t BTW with this guide I hope to retire and change for a new one, I’m thinking to change the original stereo for kdc 428u by kenwood.
If you're asking how to remove the fascia, try using a flat head screwdriver with felt or tape on the end (so you don't scratch it)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm doing this now. The thread is useful, but, as liguidO2 pointed out, it leaves a LOT out. This is with cowl bar, heater box and blower all removed:

·
Registered
763 Posts
I needed this....taking my interior apart this weekend and plastidipping this summabtich!

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
Could this be made a Sticky somewhere? I had a heck of a time finding it...

21 - 38 of 38 Posts