Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of people want to know how to remove the CD player well heres how.. This will also tell you how to completly remove the entire dashboard down to the firewall almost.

FACIA PANEL REMOVAL!

NOTE
When prying with a flat-head screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape, and apply protective tape around the related parts, to prevent damage.

Step 1: Remove the center facia panel (A).

Step 2: Disconnect the connector (A), then remove the center facia panel (B).

The rest is up to you to figure out on this one

AUDIO ASSEMBLE REMOVAL

Step 1: Loosen the screws.

Step 2: Disconnect the audio connector and antenna cable, then remove the audio assembly (A).

Step 4: Disconnect the audio connector (A) and antenna cable (B), then remove the audio assembly ©.

LOWER CRASH PAD PANEL REMOVAL

Step 1: Remove the side cover.

Step 2: Remove the fuse box cover (B).

Step 3: Loosening the crash pad lower panel mounting screw. Remove the lower crash pad panel (A).

CLUSTER FACIA PANEL REMOVAL

NOTE
When prying with a flat-up screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape, and apply protective tape around the related parts, to prevent damage.

Step 1: Tilt the steering column down.

Step 2: After disconnecting the trip sensor connector (A), remove the cluster facia panel (B).

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SHROUD REMOVAL

Step 1: Loosen the screws.

Step 2: Remove the shroud (A).

HEATER CONTROL UNIT REMOVAL

Step 1: Disconnect the center facia lower tray(B).

Step 2: Remove the center facia lower panel (A).

Step 3: Disconnect the connector (A), then remove the center facia panel (B).

Step 4: Loosen the heater control unit mounting screw. remove the heater control unit (A).

CLUSTER REMOVAL

Step 1: Remove the cluster facia panel.

Step 2: Loosen the mounthing screws.

Step 3: Disconnect the cluster connector (A), then remove the cluster.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GLOVE BOX REMOVAL

You may need to do this if you wish to change the in-cabin filter.

Step 1: Disconnect the damper (B) from the glove box (A).

Step 2: Remove the glove box ©.
(I don't feel like getting the pic but... all you do is remove those two bolts at the bottom. Just look in there you'll see them.

SIDE COVERS

Just pop them off with a screw driver. It's so easy even a kid can do it.

AIR VENT REMOVAL

Step 1: Remove the crashpad side cover.

Step 2: Remove the air vent (A).

CRASH PAD MAIN REPLACEMENT

Note: You really should not be removing this much of your dash. I don't recomend you do it. You should only do this if you must. You are required to remove the wires going to the airbags. If not reconected correctly they will not deploy in an accident. (BE VERY CAREFUL!!!)

Step 1: Remove the following items.
Front seat assemble.
Cluster facia panel, cluster.
Lower crash pad panel.
Glove box.
Side cover.
Front pillar trim.
Center facia upper, lower cover.

Step 2: Disconnect the passenger’s air bag connector(A)

Step 3: Loosen the bolt`s and nuts then remove the main crash pad assembly(B).

When reinstaling note these!
-Make sure the crash pad fits on to the guide pins correctly.
-Before tihgtening the bolts, make sure the crash pad wire harnesses are not pinched.
-Make sure the connectors are plugged in properly, and the antenna lead is connected properly.

COWL CROSS BAR ASSEMBLE REMOVAL

Step 1: Remove the crash pad.

Step 2: Disconnect the connectors, after loosening the mounthing bolts and nuts remove the cowl crossbar(A).

here is what it looks like with all this done.

^^^^
Thats before removing the COWL CROSS BAR...

Once agian you should never have to remove all this stuff. The pic is of my '06 Accent which is currently in the shop they had to remove it all so they could weld on a new FT RT Rail.

·
Registered
38 Posts
wow, amazing, did you make all those pictures (tracing photos), or did you get them out of some hyundai manual, there FLAWLESS.

im still to afraid to take a screwdriver to my dash,sure theres not another way?

like pushing from the inside through the glove box or somthin?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got them from the service manual. But yes you can use a screwdriver but wrap the head in a little ducktape so it won't scratch the trim. Also don't force it to much and brake the snaps.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And you cannot get to it thru the glove box sorry mate.. look at the 3rd photo down notice the screws are on the front where the trim is.. you need to remove the trim to get to the screws.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i mean reaching my hand into through the glove box hole and pushing from the INSIDE on the dash cover (mabee around the snaps themselfs), i have long arms, but is there enough room to do this?

just seems easyer and less damaging

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
na sorry man the a/c vent will be in the way, i tried it lol. all you need to do is take it one snap at a time until u get them all its not hard

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey everyone....so sorry to everyone for getting back to you so late....been moving around a lot! Anyway am reuploading where there area is indicated where I pulled that fascia away from the radio was. I used a slim nail file wrapped in electrical tape, and that didn't scratch the dash.

I have since replaced this radio with a Panasonic CQ-C3303U and their optional Ipod connector. I know that you can also buy the adapter to plug in a Sirius box, but I just used my standalone receiver and mounted in the dash under the new radio through the extra aux input on the H/U.

The back of the original Hyundai unit does have regular (small) philips head screws, but I figure I might sell the original and don't want to mess it up by sticking stuff into the radio. I will have pictures up today or tomorrow of my new install, maybe some of you mught have any hints on aesthetics? I used the original mounting bracket that came with the original radio and used zip ties to hold the new radio in place, as well as the sirius starmate replay. There were some gaps down under the H/U where I mounted the Sirius, and I wonder if there's a better way to hide them than using adhesive-foamed backing. I imagine no one makes a double din mounting for our '06 - '07 Accents yet, huh?

Sidenote by me - Be extra careful removing those clips and not losing them either. The clips for the radio fascia are near impossible to get out, and sometimes go flying down towards the tranny bulge. Also be careful, as even the plastic clips can easily scratch your plastic dash.

Good luck!

DJ
[email protected]

P.S... I have an extra line-in Aux-input adapter from my old 2005 Accent radio, if anyone is still interested, let me know!

P.P.S. Anyone know how to get white scuff marks or abrasions off the plastic door panels and lower dash? I had a few that came when the car was delivered.

Thanks again,

DJ

·
Registered
38 Posts
"P.P.S. Anyone know how to get white scuff marks or abrasions off the plastic door panels and lower dash? I had a few that came when the car was delivered."

i had white scratches on the passenger door when it came fomr the factory WTH

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here are some pics from my replacement of the factory radio on my '07 Accent 3dr. There is also an iPod connector routed into the glovebox from the back of the Panasonic head unit. I reused the factory metal harness to mount the HU and the Sirius faceplate and Starmate with zip-ties. Doesn't fit perfectly, but for now it's ok. As you can see in the pictures, I am using some one-sided adhesive weatherstripping to cover the gaps around the faceplace adapter for the Sirius Starmate. If anyone has any better suggestions as to how to make this more professional looking, well I am always open to suggestions! The Scosche harness that I could buy for the double din opening would only give me a one din opening for the HU, and then a small pocket underneath, which would be too small to mount the Starmate. Hope this helps someone with mounting ideas!

DJ

[attachmentid=2218][attachmentid=2219][attachmentid=2220]

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
Being probably one of the only guys here who has completely removed the dash, frame and heater box, would HIGHLY advise against it. Took me 13 hours to install the A/C system in my car, about 12 of which was pulling the dash, half of which was spent fighting with the heater box... Pictures make it look a lot easier than it is.

After taking a quick glance at those instructions, they're terrible. They don't show you half the work you have to do. Such as unbolting the steering column, removing the ten thousand plastic clips from various pieces of plastic/metal holding the wiring on to it, heater cable, center console, among lots and lots of other things.

·
Registered
305 Posts
QUOTE (Glock23 @ Apr 26 2009, 09:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=231689
LIQ then remembering where it all goes LOL... I had that problem a bit when I put my car back together
Aha, I never had a problem remembering, torn apart many dashes, my only concern whenever tearing apart a dash is not plugging something back in or losing a connector somewhere behind when I have the whole thing back together, especially that passenger air-bag, that'd be a fun one to try and get back in when the dash is all back together :\

Then after I got the dash all back together I had a few screws, where I knew they went so that wasn't a problem, then one big honkin bolt. So I'm searchin and searchin trying to find where this bolt could go, then, I remember Hyundai decided the A-piller needed to be held in with a big bolt, for some reason, not a screw. So all was well

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (theRIAA @ Aug 28 2006, 04:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=53284
"P.P.S. Anyone know how to get white scuff marks or abrasions off the plastic door panels and lower dash? I had a few that came when the car was delivered."

i had white scratches on the passenger door when it came fomr the factory WTH
http://www.hyundaiusa.com/abouthyundai/ourcompany/know.aspx
Every new Hyundai out of our Alabama plant has at least 2.3 miles on the odometer?
Every Hyundai that comes off the assembly line is immediately road tested on our special test track, to ensure that everything on your new Hyundai is working exactly the way it should. No squeaks or rattles are acceptable.

Maybe cause of a clumsy tester wearing boots that scratched it a little? I dunno

1 - 20 of 38 Posts