Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you get the front seat out drivers side the car went in to have the recall work done it was a pipe that kneaded to be changed, he also had a look under the seat for me air bag light on he also got the code wiring under the seat but said it ,s about 1and a half hours work to get the seat out any help

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
He is probably giving you a total labor charge for the repair.. this would break down as follow;

Scan tool time to verify actual DTC, clear code(s) and verify system after wiring repair complete

Remove seat to access underside for ease of service to wiring under seat, I asume it is probably a DSAB code ?? 1378 ??

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he did not charge me for scanning to get the codes after i get the seat out i can repair the wires myself and i have a man that comes around he reads the codes and if need be clears the only charges 20 pounds its just knowing how to get the seat out i know theirs 4 bolts to undo after you get the side shield covers of

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
that's all there is to it. remove the four 14mm bolts and the seat will come out (undo the wiring connectors for the air bag, heated seat and power adjusters)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Not really. Move the seat forward, remove the rear bolts. Move the seat back, disconnect the battery. Wait long enough to let the airbag control system battery completely discharge (usually recommend 30 mins). Remove the front bolts and you can tip the seat back/out.

Go screwing around in there with the airbag battery still charged and you can 'bollocks' your whole afternoon. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.