Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a peak at these mods. I added some leds in the footwell and door pockets, all wired to dim with ther interior lights. I also added undercar glow kit and headrest dvd players. The undercar glow kit is wired (via a relay) to the push button latching switch seen in the pic. The swith has a glow ring that is illuminated when in the on position. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Clean head rest installs..I like the foot well leds.

Question.. How did you link it to the dimmer switch. I wanted to do that as well but couldn't figure out how to do it. I have a sonata but figure it should be similar

·
Registered
590 Posts
Take a peak at these mods. I added some leds in the footwell and door pockets, all wired to dim with ther interior lights. I also added undercar glow kit and headrest dvd players. The undercar glow kit is wired (via a relay) to the push button latching switch seen in the pic. The swith has a glow ring that is illuminated when in the on position. Let me know what you think.
Looks good....interior accent lighting looks just like my mod I did a couple of years ago. Got to like it.

WoW......moving the steering wheel must of been a ton of work. ;)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Cool, but illegal here in California

Any color light on the front end other than "headlight white" or amber yellow is illegal in California and many other states. Also any color for lights, other than red or amber yellow, is also not permitted on the rear. I live in an uptight state...or is it a state of uptightness? ;)

·
Registered
808 Posts
Nice job! Love the blue led's !!! that's what I have inside my Tucson.
Rather jealous of your footwell lighting, been meaning to do that install for a long time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx for the comments:
1. The headrest DVD players were a dealer install done in 2010. As for tapping into the interior lighting circuit, there is a thread in the forum discussing the issue. Another poster had identified the color wires in the driver's side A pillar to tap into. Don’t remember the exact colors...I did that mod some time ago. This is the link to the post I was referring to: http://www.hyundai-forums.com/224-tucson-ix35-lm-models/159636-interior-lighting-circuit.html
2. The blue accent lighting are not bad, in the pics they appear darker than they actually are.
3. I know the exterior colored lights are illegal in some places....not quite sure they are legal here, that’s why I used a switch.
4. Along with the foot well lights I also have some installed in the all four door pockets....never posted those pics cuz they weren’t clear enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts