Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an i20(2012-2013 model). For some strange reason the tailgate(trunk) wouldn't open. The entire locking system is working fine otherwise. It just wouldn't move. I tried:

- Long press the tailgate button on the key.
- Normal unlock for the doors and tailgate.
- pull the handle above the logo.

Can someone help? Is there a manual latch inside the car?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have you ever been able to open it or has it just started happening? When I got my latest i20 I had difficulty until I realised that the mechanism was different from my previous i20. As far as I know there is no latch inside the car. The new car's tailgate is operated electrically by a rubber covered switch under the handle whereas the old car had a mechanical latch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2013 i20 and am having exactly the same problem - cannot open the tailgate with the electronic lock on the tailgate. All other locking/unlocking works perfectly. In addition about three days after this problem occurred I had a flat battery.

Did you ever resolve the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I have an i20(2012-2013 model). For some strange reason the tailgate(trunk) wouldn't open. The entire locking system is working fine otherwise. It just wouldn't move. I tried:

- Long press the tailgate button on the key.
- Normal unlock for the doors and tailgate.
- pull the handle above the logo.

My i20 Sportz 2012 model has same issue. Shreenath Hyundai Thane has quoted 23K to resolve issue. Too much cost for resolving locking system problem. Unfortunately extended warranty is also expired. Seems high spare costs is the reason for Hyundai not covering 4th year under warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tailhgate( Trunk) not opening

My i20 Sportz 2012 model has same issue. Shreenath Hyundai Thane has quoted 23K to resolve issue. Too much cost for resolving locking system problem. Unfortunately extended warranty is also expired. Seems high spare costs is the reason for Hyundai not covering 4th year under warranty.
I have 2012 I20 and facing similar issue. Seems to be wiring related problem but Shreenath Hyndai Thane is insisting on replacing entire switch assembly with camera and quoted 23k budget.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any workaround for the button replacement? Or going with 25k replacement is the only solution?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have the same issue with my i20 sportz 2013 model and Hyundai service center quoted the same amount so I went to spare shops dealer he informed only lock has to be changed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have the same issue with my i20 sportz 2013 model and Hyundai service center quoted the same amount so I went to spare shops dealer he informed only lock has to be changed
I am also having the same issue, all the locking system works fine except the boot. I asked the showroom, they said the issue is with the button need to change and its amount is 15K+ to change entire set. But i just want to change only the button as camera is working fine. How much you paid to change the lock. Please let me know is it available in online?. I tried multiple online store and i have no luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

• Long press the tailgate button on the key.
  • Normal unlock for the doors and tailgate.
  • pull the handle above the logo.

I too have had the same issue come about my i20 and I have found if you take the back panel off you can get to the manual switch. Depending on the model i20 you have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.