Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all;
I have a problem with my tailgate lock (2001). It does unlock when I activate the keyless remote. The lever is not stuck or anything.
I tried unlocking with the keys but it would not turn the lock. The window lock is also the same - does not unlock.

I tried spraying some WD40 into the ley entry of the lock and work the key a little - no dice.

I think the power lock motor may have gone bad as I don't hear any 'unlocking' sound coming from the tailgate as it does
from the other doors when the keyless remote is activated.

Any advice? Thanks

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I had the lock actuator in my tailgate go bad about a year ago and it sounds like you're suffering from the same issues. Though it was fairly expensive to replace ($400), my key would still lock and unlock in the slot. Sound like yours has completely seized up. Thankfully mine gave warning signs before it gave up the ghost for good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply...maybe worthwhile to go to a local mechanic instead of the dealer if the price is that outrageous.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Actually most of the price is the part, not the labor....it's really not all that hard to get to.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
That's not as bad. Now that I think of it I think the $400 was for something else entirely. I'll have to dig through my service records and see what I actually paid for that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts