Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tail light (brake/light) that is intermittent. I finally figured out that the green wire is the culprit. (there are three wires to the bulb socket red, black and green). When I wiggled the green wire, the bulb flickered. Since the problem is either in the socket or at the wire connector inside the socket, I am not sure how to repair. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
62 Posts
it is the d a m n wire....my dealer blew me off, wanted me to drop the car off for the entire day when a service writer could have walked out to my car with me and diagnosed it in 90 seconds. i ordered the harness, $42.00 from another dealer and placed a complaint at the dealer I bought the car from. he called me the next day as i was on my way to buy the harness...he arranged for the other dealer to install and warranty the harness. it is a safety item, and i forgot to say, not only did they want me to drop the car off for a day, they wanted me to wait a week....needless to say, i traded the car in a month ago and bought genesis coupe from the dealer that helped me...no more sonata

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
out of warranty?

The car is a 2011 sonata Ltd but it has 61000 so I believe it is out of warranty. Is this a repair that can be made or do you just have to replace the harness?

- Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts