Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced several front head lights and I DID buy the Haynes manual for my 2008 Sonata - but I still can't figure out how to replace a burned out rear tail light bulb. The access door (either side of the trunk) provides access to turn / stop lights - but the rear tail lights are part of the trunk lid assembly..My question is: do I have to remove the trunk lining material to get access? I can see 2 cap nuts but when I remove them, the tail light assembly is still held tight. It appears that the emergency release lever and oval trim piece are still holding the liner in place after I remove all of those plastic trim screws...Help...this can't be THAT hard to figure out...But the Haynes provides no detailed photos or instructions...Any help would be appreciated....

Mike P.
Buffalo, NY

·
Registered
42 Posts
QUOTE (hudster3 @ Dec 11 2010, 07:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378936
I have replaced several front head lights and I DID buy the Haynes manual for my 2008 Sonata - but I still can't figure out how to replace a burned out rear tail light bulb. The access door (either side of the trunk) provides access to turn / stop lights - but the rear tail lights are part of the trunk lid assembly..My question is: do I have to remove the trunk lining material to get access? I can see 2 cap nuts but when I remove them, the tail light assembly is still held tight. It appears that the emergency release lever and oval trim piece are still holding the liner in place after I remove all of those plastic trim screws...Help...this can't be THAT hard to figure out...But the Haynes provides no detailed photos or instructions...Any help would be appreciated....

Mike P.
Buffalo, NY

Yeah, there are a bunch of plastic screws. Take all those out and the piece they screw into. That whole lining comes off. Might have to tug a little to get it off, dont worry, you wont break anything. Once off they'll be right there. It's not that hard at all. Shouldn't even have to look in a manual. Good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
After all of the outer screws are removed there are still one or two more screws in the center. I replaced my lights a while ago and don't remember exactly but I do remember pulling on the carpet for a few minutes before I noticed a screw in the middle. Make sure you check everywhere before pulling too hard. Once the carpet is off you can clearly see everything else you need to replace the bulbs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts