Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case this may help any other owners out there, I noticed a couple of months ago that the exterior plastic lenses on the tail lamps had micro internal cracks.... it was most noticeable at night with the lights on.... here’s a pic:

There was also a bigger crack around the dimple in the lower clear part of the lens on the driver’s side (if you enlarge the pic you can see it). They are all internal cracks, not from any exterior cause.

The service manager at the dealer took a look and authorized replacement of three of the four lenses under warranty. It was a quick swap. One of the lenses on the passenger side was in good shape. We’ll see how the new lenses hold up. The invoice indicates they also replaced the left inside combination light - not sure why since the lights were working.

I was happy with the dealer’s response because I really wasn’t looking to have the lenses replaced. I just wanted to report it in case the cracks worsened over time and really compromised the tail lamps.

·
Registered
914 Posts
... The invoice indicates they also replaced the left inside combination light - not sure why since the lights were working...
I would bet they dropped it or banged it against something, maybe even without knowing they did it, and it wasn't working when they turned it on. Anyway, helpful information--I'll be taking a hard look at the ones on my daughter's Tucson.

Reactions: Zurdo
1 - 3 of 3 Posts