Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2013 Elantra limited and yesterday while driving I felt a small jerk, the engine light flashed and the RPMs dropped to zero. I was driving without issue at higher speeds (50-60). Then, after a stoplight, the car was running but starting sluggishly as though stuck in a higher gear. I then switched to shiftronic (or whatever it is called) and the dash indicator showed a number 6, but it would not shift out of that gear. I parked and stopped. Turned off the car and then back on. Everything works again. The fact that the tachometer and the shifting both stopped and then recovered makes me think that it’s an electrical or computer issue. Anyone else experience this? I have over 85000 miles on it, and I am hoping it is not the beginning of a big issue.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Did we scan all the onboard modules for fault codes ?

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
I have a 2013 Elantra limited and yesterday while driving I felt a small jerk, the engine light flashed and the RPMs dropped to O. I was driving without issue at higher speeds (50-60). Then, after a stoplight, the car was running but starting sluggishly as though stuck in a higher gear. I then switched to shiftronic (or whatever it is called) and the dash indicator showed a number 6, but it would not shift out of that gear. I parked and stopped. Turned off the car and then back on. Everything works again. The fact that the tachometer and the shifting both stopped and then recovered makes me think that it’s an electrical or computer issue. Anyone else experience this? I have over 85000 miles on it, and I am hoping it is not the beginning of a big issue.
I'm sure we will be able to help you with that. Start by scanning the computer network for codes.

Best practices for requesting help:

* If you haven't done so fill in your vehicle info and profile page. Shows up to the left
* Be sure you are in the correct forum for your vehicle.
* Do a search for your problem. A lot of stuff has been asked and answered.
* Do not double post for the same problem.
* Give the model year....Engine size...transmission type (auto or standard)
* VIN number can be very helpful.
* Did you buy the vehicle new, if not, how many miles were on it when purchased? How many miles on it now?
* Describe the problem the best you can.
* Tell us what has been tried, if anything.
* If the vehicle has been to a repair facility it would be nice if you can scan or take picture of the bill and attach it to the post.
* If your vehicle is under warranty you should have the dealer check it out. If it's an issue they see many times they will generate a safety recall or do a TSB. This is how they know.

This information can save a lot of time and get you the answers you need much faster.

Thanks,
Welcome aboard.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Scanner says 0 dtc and noSupp. Not sure how to access history.
Should be able to access current codes as well as non current or history codes. Look at the screen before entering the system...should be a screen to see history codes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay. It happened again twice. Sensor pulled a PO335 or P0335 which apparently is a crankshaft position sensor according to google. Does that make sense with the ones in the know in this forum? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Okay. It happened again twice. Sensor pulled a PO335 or P0335 which apparently is a crankshaft position sensor according to google. Does that make sense with the ones in the know in this forum? Thanks in advance.

Replaced a handfull of crank position sensor already on UD/MD Elantra,, fairly simple part swap.. part replaced from under side,, unplug from top

P0335 is common Hyundai CKP fault code

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
abcdefg

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Sounds like you found the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts