Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was at the Canadian embassy in shanghai and was leaving the garage when I had to get up a steep climb towards the exit, suddenly CRACK! I was like wtf!? so I tried to roll back a bit and then again CRACK! I got out and saw there was maybe a inch high metal bar sticking out and it was right on my skirt. I had ZERO clearance from the skirt and the ground... (didn't take a picture of the clearance although I wish I did!!!! but atm was the least thing on my mind) then I couldn't get out because the tranny was hitting that part aswell!!... after maybe half an hour of repeat tries I managed to get it out at a very weird angle... but the damage was done... the passenger skirt got cracked... fortunately I didn't damage the tranny (knock on wood) as everytime I slightly felt it touch I would roll back again.... but none the less!!! the damage is repairable on the skirts but not the damage in my heart! T.T

last picture is of the door, the skirt shifted and now is scraping on the door T.T

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Yefeng

You can still blame her.

Tell her that becaus of the Melmak composition of right side intrussion of the car, it tried to balance out with your left side (driver) and she made it go upside on the metal band!

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
man you should have been there, tears would have been wailing I swear! it was like nothing... no clearance whatsoever!! my wife was in the passenger seat, in the end I told her I bottomed out because she is too fat! (she's like 43 kg lol)
That is messed up man. I wonder will the embassy help cover some of the costs (I know they won't but its worth a try)

Also, never blame it on the wife!!! You may have missed out on a little "pain relief" if you know what I mean:cool:

Either way, its not a horrible thing to have break on our cars. Finding parts could be tricky in PRC. eBay or whatever the equivalent is over there should be able to get you going parts-wise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts