Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if my cars gonna get totalled. I’m worried the frame is bent and I don’t have a proper clear picture but I have a blurry one. It’s 2016 and it has insurance but I’m worried

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Not my trade area but I would think the A pillar may have some damage. If thats the case over here it would be written off. You may be lucky and a guard and door.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I’d bet a total loss. The A pillar is a critical support part and costs to get it perfect of a new on is cut and pasted. Looks like it got the front wheel too? problems later in life from there.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Shouldn't that be the other drivers fault?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
If the "A" pillar (the left side of the windshield) is not damaged, and the area where the door is bolted to the body is not damaged, they will probably get a used door and go for it. Where I live that would be about $5K in damage, so close to a total loss. It is a shame that vehicles are totaled so easily, but such is the nature of "crush-zones" on modern vehicles. Passengers walk away from crashes, vehicles are reduced to recyclable materials.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Depends. the OP might have ran a light or pulled out in front of someone. The OP hasn’t given info on how it happened.
True, hadn't thought about that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts