Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've long been a fan of synthetic washable / cleanable (reusable) air filters. Thus far all I've found in the way of aftermarket reusable air filters is the K&N 33-2448 which is a cotton oiled unit. Never liked oiled filters for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is the potential danger of oil fouling the Mass Air Flow Sensor. So the K&N is NOT for me

Unfortunately I can't find either a list of filter dimensions or equivalent car filter models (much like those databases showing interchangeability of OEM wheels). From what I see our 2011 air filter measures 9" x 11" x 1". Does anyone know of an APEXi Power Intake Panel, Amsoil EaA, or other washable / cleanable synthetic fiber air filter model sized (or modifiable) to fit our Sonatas? It'd be great to know that hypothetically a 2005 Celica filter or whatever filter fit our car.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like most manufacturers don't have product available yet. That, even with the same filter supposedly being used in the 2010 Sorento and Santa Fe. Go figure....

Fram has a line of washable premium air filters but again no model for our car. Even in the world of paper filters we get Hastings AF1434 and Purolator A36124 models identified but not yet available.

BTW I haven't nailed down the Hyundai OEM air filter part number. Looks to be 28113 2F102 or 2P102.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts