Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I thought I've heard it all..

Had my 02 Dodge Ram 1500 at the shop for oil change and tire rotation, they called and said the lug nuts were swollen and needed to be replaced.

They removed the back tires and 4 of the nuts got stripped..not the threads but the actual lug themselves. The design of the nuts are just really really bad.

The nuts are metal/steel and have a chrome cap over them. Water has gotten under the chrome caps and started rusting the nuts underneath and causing the chrome caps to swell. When the caps swell, they cannot fit the socket onto the nuts for removal. They can only fit the socket on about 1/2 way and then the chrome caps start to tear...what a total joke!

So had to buy new nuts and have them installed...

Just thought I would pass the story on...

Have a great day..

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
4,858 Posts
QUOTE (Klute @ Nov 19 2010, 07:43 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=372982
OK, I thought I've heard it all..

Had my 02 Dodge Ram 1500 at the shop for oil change and tire rotation, they called and said the lug nuts were swollen and needed to be replaced.

They removed the back tires and 4 of the nuts got stripped..not the threads but the actual lug themselves. The design of the nuts are just really really bad.

The nuts are metal/steel and have a chrome cap over them. Water has gotten under the chrome caps and started rusting the nuts underneath and causing the chrome caps to swell. When the caps swell, they cannot fit the socket onto the nuts for removal. They can only fit the socket on about 1/2 way and then the chrome caps start to tear...what a total joke!

So had to buy new nuts and have them installed...

Just thought I would pass the story on...

Have a great day..
LOL thats funny. swollen nuts!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts