Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Man, they look much better than the crooked 'H' logos. And at least for a few more weeks (before these cars become Camrys < ha ha>) people would be puzzled what it is when slapped on a debadged car like mine :grin:.

I just emailed the guy asking if they're OEM. I'm not interested on aftermarket ones; they're usually crap. Good day.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (elp_jc @ May 28 2010, 11:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327294
Man, they look much better than the crooked 'H' logos. And at least for a few more weeks (before these cars become Camrys < ha ha>) people would be puzzled what it is when slapped on a debadged car like mine :grin:.

I just emailed the guy asking if they're OEM. I'm not interested on aftermarket ones; they're usually crap. Good day.

haha yea my car is debadged also and im already getting such weird looks.... the thing i just realized is the emblem on the trunk doesnt have a black background like those do. It is the crooked H with the body color behind it....idk if the black would look good on my pacific blue

·
Registered
167 Posts
QUOTE (Jamie M @ May 28 2010, 10:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327312
haha yea my car is debadged also and im already getting such weird looks.... the thing i just realized is the emblem on the trunk doesnt have a black background like those do. It is the crooked H with the body color behind it....idk if the black would look good on my pacific blue
That is exactly why I didn't buy them. I like the logo better too, but that black background makes the whole thing look really cheap to me.

·
Registered
314 Posts
At first I looked at it and thought "The New Chevy Impala". On second thought it's the new Lexus badge.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (vewdew @ May 28 2010, 02:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327369
That is exactly why I didn't buy them. I like the logo better too, but that black background makes the whole thing look really cheap to me.

ive seen pictures of it on a black sonata and it doesnt look to bad.... i dont tihnk it would look bad on a white car either but for my pacific blue im hoping they come out without the black background

·
Registered
167 Posts
If it's not open around the logo like the original one, so my paint shows through, then I just can't see myself putting it on. I like the tigris emblem too, but won't use it for the same reason.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (Hues @ May 28 2010, 02:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327373
At first I looked at it and thought "The New Chevy Impala". On second thought it's the new Lexus badge.
haha then it would really throw people off :bwekk:

QUOTE (vewdew @ May 28 2010, 02:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327377
If it's not open around the logo like the original one, so my paint shows through, then I just can't see myself putting it on. I like the tigris emblem too, but won't use it for the same reason.
yea thats the exact reason im waiting.... lets hope they come out with one like that

and yea i also like the tigris emblems but the ones i saw were 3M adhesive and just stuck over the existing

·
Registered
717 Posts
Looks great but I would have to agree about it not being a open air emblem. I do have a black SE but still do not think that a ebay product will look or last like a oem part.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (ssmuff @ May 28 2010, 04:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327423
Looks great but I would have to agree about it not being a open air emblem. I do have a black SE but still do not think that a ebay product will look or last like a oem part.
yea maybe if we wait another couple months they will have something more like the OEM symbol (which i dont think its an ugly symbol at all, i just wanted my car to be unique before you start seeing sonatas ALL of the place)

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (ssmuff @ May 28 2010, 03:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327423
Looks great but I would have to agree about it not being a open air emblem.

Didn't notice that until the comment was made, and it's a deal-breaker for me. Plus just heard (finally!) from the eBay seller, and it's aftermarket, so a double deal-breaker. I thought it was the Korean Hyundai symbol (like Holden's Australian one for GTOs and G8s, which is MUCH better looking than Pontiac's), not some invented crap. Needless to say, I'm staying stock.

I just need OEM rubber floor and trunk mats (and tint, but that's coming next weekend). Are they going to be available anytime soon? Come on Hyundai :grin:.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (elp_jc @ May 31 2010, 06:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328223
Didn't notice that until the comment was made, and it's a deal-breaker for me. Plus just heard (finally!) from the eBay seller, and it's aftermarket, so a double deal-breaker. I thought it was the Korean Hyundai symbol (like Holden's Australian one for GTOs and G8s, which is MUCH better looking than Pontiac's), not some invented crap. Needless to say, I'm staying stock.

I just need OEM rubber floor and trunk mats (and tint, but that's coming next weekend). Are they going to be available anytime soon? Come on Hyundai :grin:.
yea im going to stay OEM also, i was actually thinking of going this route in the front....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HYUN...f34QQitemZ250605932340QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTru
ckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (Jamie M @ May 31 2010, 07:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328243
i was actually thinking of going this route in the front....
I like the idea of no emblem for sure, but four slats is a little too much for my tastes. The OEM grille just without the emblem would have been perfect. Plus I wouldn't take his 'same quality as OEM' word for it without feedback from a forum member or two with a few thousand miles on one. Aftermarket parts typically wear much quicker than stock, because they're made cheaper. I'm going to leave car stock for a while. Just need rubber mats :grin:.

Hey, don't get me wrong; it's not a bad looking grille at all, but not enough to sway me. And it's very well priced. If you get one, please let us know so I can ask you in a few months how it's holding up. Maybe they'll make a 3-slat one later on. Take care.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Does anyone know a source for the KDM emblems? I would love to have one that says YF24 to fill up the right side of the trunk. GF has three emblems on her trunk (the H, Hyundai, and Sonata). Just want to keep the symmetry.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (Adogg9626 @ May 31 2010, 09:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328270
Does anyone know a source for the KDM emblems? I would love to have one that says YF24 to fill up the right side of the trunk. GF has three emblems on her trunk (the H, Hyundai, and Sonata). Just want to keep the symmetry.
you can probably find it somewhere on ebay or something but i just debadged the "sonata" on the left :whistling:

·
Registered
255 Posts
At first I didn't like this emblem but as the days go by its grown on me. Anyone else think these look good? I was thinking on replacing the grill with the one that deletes the "H" and then adding this emblem to the rear. Any thoughts?

Emblem

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE (OMEGA_WEAPON @ Jun 1 2010, 12:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328328
At first I didn't like this emblem but as the days go by its grown on me. Anyone else think these look good? I was thinking on replacing the grill with the one that deletes the "H" and then adding this emblem to the rear. Any thoughts?

Emblem
thats the tigris emblem that we were talking about.... im not sure if theyre 3m tho, i saw a tigris emblems that just stick over so i wouldnt get those

·
Registered
45 Posts
A buddy of mine owns a custom metal working shop with some really cool computerized metal cutting machines, He is going to try make me a badge to replace the Hyundai badge but with my Initials "JMD" replacing the "H" from there he has a friend who Chromes metals & plastics who is going to Chrome it for us, Once I get it from him I will post pics.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts