Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my kit from XS with 6000K bulbs. Ran it for the last 12 months, thought they looked a little blueish. I would always keep my fogs on to put some white light down on the pavement.

Finally bought 4300K bulbs from XS and installed them today. Big difference. Much whiter light, no more blue tint. They rock.

I will say the 6000Ks looked better visually, has the Acura/BMW look. But the 4300K have a blueish tint from an angle. Straight on it's bright white. If you think 6000K has a hint of blue, then I recommend getting a set of 4300K and try it out yourself. The bulbs by themselves were $50 shipped from XS.

Just sharing :D

·
Registered
660 Posts
If you find 4300k to work best for you, that's all that counts. Use the ones that you feel the safest with.

P.S. Change your signature to reflect the 4300k vs 6000k

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Bought my kit from XS with 6000K bulbs. Ran it for the last 12 months, thought they looked a little blueish. I would always keep my fogs on to put some white light down on the pavement.

Finally bought 4300K bulbs from XS and installed them today. Big difference. Much whiter light, no more blue tint. They rock.

I will say the 6000Ks looked better visually, has the Acura/BMW look. But the 4300K have a blueish tint from an angle. Straight on it's bright white. If you think 6000K has a hint of blue, then I recommend getting a set of 4300K and try it out yourself. The bulbs by themselves were $50 shipped from XS.

Just sharing :D
Welcome to the dark side! :D

People keep believing that 5K and 6K are no different than 4300K. Not true. If the bulb represents the true kelvin scale (I have heard of xxx vendors having three different temps pulled from the same parts bin which will skew impressions) then your best light output (usable, not for show) is 4300.

I understand people use other ranges to achieve a look. But to state anything above 4300 is better light is lacking in understanding the light spectrum.

I will be putting HID in my Fusion this winter and will be using TRFS for my ballasts and 4300 bulb temp. I am hoping to see the 'Notas XS 4300 against the TRFS 4300.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I will say the 6000Ks looked better visually, has the Acura/BMW look.
Acuras and BMWs should have around 4300K from the factory. The 6000K ones cheapen the look of the car in my opinion, they scream "cheap ebay HIDs".

·
Registered
939 Posts
ALL factory HID's are 4300K, since as has been noted that is the optimum color temperature for maximum visible light output. The reason that some OEM HID's may have a bluish tint when viewed off-angle has to do with light refraction at the outer edge of the beam pattern, and NOT the color temp of the bulb. They will always be white when seen straight on.
Attempting to duplicate that blue "look" for bling purposes by using higher-temp bulbs in an aftermarket setup is ill-advised and will result in lower usable light output for the driver along with more glare to oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
689 Posts
For comparison purposes:

I have XS 6000k lows & fogs, and imo they're pretty white!. Look much whiter in person than in pics:

(don't mind the plastidip as I was re-doing it at the time)

Ill get night shots when I can

·
Registered
538 Posts
Xenon Supply didn't list them, but I ordered and received 5000K's for my low beams and went with 3000K's for the fogs. Very happy with the output of the 5000K's. They're a tad whiter than the 4300K's with great output.

Great transition from the white down to the yellow when I'm driving with both on. Turn on only the fogs and the yellow lines on the road look more like white. B)

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
People need to understand white color does NOT equal usable light output. A pure white is an aesthetic requirement. Just because its "white" does not mean its brighter.

4300 will allows be a bit more yellow when compared side by side to anything of a higher temperature. But when you compare a halogen to a 4300 HID burner; it will look very white.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts