Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my problem is, what do I do with the White wire to? I have it spliced into the gray wire before it hits the actual connector. My problem is that the Metra kit has changed all the locations of the wires. And am I to ground the blue wire? I'm confused.

It says in the troubleshooting that if it doesn't work, check the connections. My problem is that the light turns off in step 4, but doesn't come back on. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. The rest of the system works, put in a custom built sub box in the cargo hold with an amp. System sounds great, just wish the steering wheel controls worked again!

Thanks,
JYD19

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to add, if requested I can upload some pictures of the unit/cargo hold so others can see what could be done with their Santy's as well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I installed one of these, but it was about 2 years ago, and I have not looked in there since. I do recall however, that I had to attach the swi jack control wire to the hyundai side of the wiring harness. I ended up using one of those small blue wire splice pieces that allow you to splice into an existing wire without having to cut it. The metra harness side will most likely not have the steering control wire.

Definitely post some pictures of your cargo sub. I made a temp sub box a while ago, but really missed having the cargo compartment, and being able to sit on it to wipe off sand after beach trips.

I found one of my older photos that may help. If you look you can see the a white wire (on the right) going to a red splice (red ones are for smaller wires), that connects to the GRAY wire on the santa fe side.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (ehkewley @ Jul 28 2010, 01:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345576
I installed one of these, but it was about 2 years ago, and I have not looked in there since. I do recall however, that I had to attach the swi jack control wire to the hyundai side of the wiring harness. I ended up using one of those small blue wire splice pieces that allow you to splice into an existing wire without having to cut it. The metra harness side will most likely not have the steering control wire.

I found one of my older photos that may help. If you look you can see the a white wire (on the right) going to a red splice (red ones are for smaller wires), that connects to the GRAY wire on the santa fe side.
I have mine spliced on the Santy side of the harness, the same as yours. Still can't seem to get it to work properly though. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
156 Posts
QUOTE (JYD19 @ Jul 28 2010, 09:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345721
I have mine spliced on the Santy side of the harness, the same as yours. Still can't seem to get it to work properly though. Any other suggestions?
Ahh ok I missed that part before. Unfortunately I have only installed one of these and have very limited experience. If the red light isn't coming on again after step 4 it sounds like the unit isn't trapping signals. Perhaps due to an improper splice, or a defective unit. At this point I'd try calling the manufacturer.

Lastly, how long are you holding the buttons down for? I'm not sure if it's my pioneer unit, or the swi-jack unit itself, but I have to hold the buttons down longer than with the stock radio. It was very annoying at first, but it's now only a minor problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts