Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy at work did his xenons to his truck, and I asked him if he'd do mine for me.  I'll be watching so I know how to do it for next time.  He said he'll do it.  I just have to get the parts/kit.

This is what I'm looking at:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2x-HID-BI-x...sQ5fAccessories

Aside from shrouds, is there anything else I'll need?

Also, another question.  Is the color of the projector the projector itself?  Or is there a bulb in it that I could change if I don't like the color temperature? I'd like to have 8,000 k, but these are 6,000 k.  I could deal though. It's not far off.

Annnddd... the last question.  Are there different sizes for angel eyes?  I want to order a different set of angel eyes to go with this kit.  I'm not sure what color I want, but it won't be white.  Probably amber....

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (Leprakong @ Nov 19 2010, 02:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=372931
My buddy at work did his xenons to his truck, and I asked him if he'd do mine for me.  I'll be watching so I know how to do it for next time.  He said he'll do it.  I just have to get the parts/kit.

This is what I'm looking at:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2x-HID-BI-x...sQ5fAccessories

Aside from shrouds, is there anything else I'll need?

Also, another question.  Is the color of the projector the projector itself?  Or is there a bulb in it that I could change if I don't like the color temperature? I'd like to have 8,000 k, but these are 6,000 k.  I could deal though. It's not far off.

Annnddd... the last question.  Are there different sizes for angel eyes?  I want to order a different set of angel eyes to go with this kit.  I'm not sure what color I want, but it won't be white.  Probably amber....
Is it a trap?

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Also, the color of the light is entirely dependent on the HID bulb itself... the only thing about the color that the projector changes is the cutoff color, if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
348 Posts
QUOTE (Leprakong @ Nov 19 2010, 10:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373001
is this kit not what I need? :( It looks right.
It looks about right.

I seen these "kits" at the SEMA show last week.
They are a kit that combines the bixenon, shroud, and halo all in one.
The one that I saw from one of my suppliers looks like an exact copy of my FX+Gatling Gun+CCFL set up...but all in one.
Mine
[attachment=21358:Sdc12422.jpg]

Theirs

The only thing that I didnt get to see is the cutoff. The price is a good price...but i would ask the size of the projector housing or at least the angel eye.
Mines is 90mm and its a farily good centered fit in our housing (imo).
I know that the supplier I deal with...they have those in 4 sizes ranging from a fog light size to the 95mm.

The color is dependent on the HID bulb...which is a easy fix when you buy the bulb at the color temp you want. but looking at this...Im unsure of what the bulb is inside the housing....

As far as the angel eyes...changing it on that kit looks troublesome.

If you're looking to go the route I took

FX Projectors:................(I forgot the price...but I think $100)
Gatling Gun Shorud:........50
Wiring Harness................35
Slim HID 30K Kit..............80
CCFL...............................35
Install hours.....................a lot
Frustration Hours..............freaking a lot....lol

Otherwise...Ill look through my SEMA pics and see if I can find the ones I saw and help you from there.

IMO...Ill go with the retrofit sourced from another car...it gives more flexibility and options on a lot of stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree with bloodninja. If you're going to do this you should spend a little more and get real projectors. Down the line you'll be thankful that you did.

I'm going to be retrofitting soon too, and I am sticking with theretrofitsource.com for parts. I don't trust the knock off Chinese parts that sell on eBay. You really get what you pay for.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Basically keep this in mind... Once those bulbs wear out, they're integrated into the projectors. You'd have to completely redo the retrofit if they ever have issues. I wouldn't want to waste my time with that.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
810 Posts
The stage IV kit from the retrofit source comes with absolutely everything you'll need for your retrofit and they have an option to add CCFLs into the order. It's pricey, but realize that they're pretty good about returns for defective items and their stuff is top quality... usually, heh. I actually ended up being a small exception to their rule but I blame their salesman for that and not the company.

·
Registered
348 Posts
QUOTE (Leprakong @ Nov 19 2010, 11:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373261
True... But I want halos... :(

If I got this: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_i...products_id=122, all I would need is that, halos, and shrouds, right? Besides all the prime and paint of course.

edit: these ones have measurements:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROJECTOR-L...=item3a60045db5

I know they're cheap, but... are... they cheapo too?

I also found these:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-Bi-xeno...sQ5fAccessories
+1 to naky on the retrofit source.
Its pretty much a turnkey...all u need to do is go the install, aligning, and finishing.

about what you found...
The ones with the measurements is about 2cm smaller than what I used.

Imo...the kit is ok...if you looking to do it quick and be cost effective.
But those dont offer much flexibility...as far as changing bulbs, shrouds,halos.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (Leprakong @ Nov 19 2010, 11:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373261
True... But I want halos... :(

If I got this: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_i...products_id=122, all I would need is that, halos, and shrouds, right? Besides all the prime and paint of course.

edit: these ones have measurements:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROJECTOR-L...=item3a60045db5

I know they're cheap, but... are... they cheapo too?

I also found these:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-Bi-xeno...sQ5fAccessories
Take our advice and don't buy cheap projectors. Those are all the same, cheap chinese kit with different options. Angel eyes can be easily added when doing the retrofit.

If you want to go a bit cheaper than theretrofitsource, buy an aftermarket HID kit with d2S bulbs and a set of Hella E55 projectors from ebay. They're the projectors German manufaturers use (BMW, Merc and Audi).

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alrighty.  I guess I'll go with theretrofitsource.  Thanks guys.  I'll let you know how it goes.  This mod is gonna happen after I put my subs in, which is gonna happen within the next two weeks... then... xenons.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (Leprakong @ Nov 20 2010, 10:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373336
Alrighty.  I guess I'll go with theretrofitsource.  Thanks guys.  I'll let you know how it goes.  This mod is gonna happen after I put my subs in, which is gonna happen within the next two weeks... then... xenons.

Thanks again.
Here's what I would get from theretrofitsource.com. Just for fun and to give you an idea.

Morimoto HID Kit: Stage II - $170
-H4 bixenon harness
-5Five 50w ballast + $5
-5Five 50W 5000k bulb (whiter than 4300k without being blue, I hate blue, it lowers output and strains the eyes) + $5

Bi-xenon: Infiniti FX45 projectors with clear lens - $135

Ocular shroud (cheap and simple) - $30

Total: $335 but they can do a bundle price if you contact them.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I never had HIDs. I think they're dumb. If you're gonna blind people, you might as well do it with the high beams with projectors. haha.

This one looks like it has the complete kit I think though.  It looks like the HID things in the right and left side of the picture.  This one is all I need right?  It's even got the angel eyes.

1 - 20 of 321 Posts