Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sam @ exLED came through again and can get ahold of Sway Bars for us.
$600 + shipping
Pic is a bit fuzzy-appologies.

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you planning on installing the sways separately from the coilovers?

For me personally, I will wait till after the first of the year to get these.
I noticed an interest by other members in my thread about coilovers so, I wanted start it own thread.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
If you're using an importer, check out the anti-roll bars (sway bars) in Australia, both as OE fitment and aftermarket like Whiteline - Australia, like the UK, uses much stiffer OE suspensions than North America.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What are the specs? Are they bigger than the AWD sway bars? Can't read anything when the image is magnified.

I agree, very burry and I apologize for that. PM me your email and I will email the pic to you. It came to me really clear in my email. I don't read Korean and haven't had the time just yet to enter the info into my translater.
This will take more of a team effort to narrow down the specifics. Getting specs from over seas can be like pulling teeth.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you're using an importer, check out the anti-roll bars (sway bars) in Australia, both as OE fitment and aftermarket like Whiteline - Australia, like the UK, uses much stiffer OE suspensions than North America.
If you wouldn't mind compiling that info and I will keep on hammering my guy in S. Korea, then maybe we can put our findings together so others have some options.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I too, have interest in this...would love to see my steering a little more tighter.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will wait for someone else to buy the sway bars. I want to make sure everything fits perfect before spending any money.
I feel really bad for these posts and I don't blame you. I know for myself I will not be purchasing anything else unless it's been test proven for U.S. Spec Fe's.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I feel really bad for these posts and I don't blame you. I know for myself I will not be purchasing anything else unless it's been test proven for U.S. Spec Fe's.
No reason for you to feel bad, you are interested in finding new products like the rest of us.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Like most of you, I'd be real careful about buying any suspension parts not thoroughly tested for the U.S. spec Santa Fe's. This, of course, goes for sway bars. So far, none of the primary manufacturers of these things have seen fit to offer anything for us. I have contacted an Australian outfit ( Whiteline ) to see what they may have but I've yet to hear back from them.

Everyone interested in these sway bars, keep your eyes and ears open. We may yet find a reliable source.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No reason for you to feel bad, you are interested in finding new products like the rest of us.
Ty for the support. So far I'm getting no where with exLED. What a mess. I will never buy another part from them. Not even a sticker.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Like most of you, I'd be real careful about buying any suspension parts not thoroughly tested for the U.S. spec Santa Fe's. This, of course, goes for sway bars. So far, none of the primary manufacturers of these things have seen fit to offer anything for us. I have contacted an Australian outfit ( Whiteline ) to see what they may have but I've yet to hear back from them.

Everyone interested in these sway bars, keep your eyes and ears open. We may yet find a reliable source.
Lesson learned :beathorse:

·
Banned
358 Posts
Hopefully we can find one. I am trying to locate some vendors now for some suspension related parts. I'm also hitting up some local shops trying to see if they will make stuff for us.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The last time I got a quote for custom sway bars was for my GLK and that was $3k. I'm hoping something off the shelf becomes available soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts