Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Not really doable any more with all the sensors and computer modules.

You would probably need entire doner vehicle and stupid amounts of time; smaller $ hit to take selling cost depreciation etc and switch vehicles IMO.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Would anyone know how much it would be to swap my A/t for a M/t.
I have the manual and am looking for one in auto. If you lived closer to me i would say we could trade, but looking at your profile, it seems you are on the other side of the country:(

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
If you wanted to keep your factory powertrain warranty, you'd need a Hyundai dealer to do it with new parts.. As santa06 points out, you'll also need a whole bunch of other stuff.. Like a clutch pedal, clutch linkage, sensors, a new PCM, plus a new shifter and console to name a few things.. Add the labor to install all this and it could easily cost you thousands of dollars. A trade would be your best bet....
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/members/201906-santa06.html

·
Super Moderator
3,818 Posts
I would agree that it's probably best to take the hit and move on. Find whatever it was that you really wanted in the first place. It's going to be more trouble than it is worth to convert.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dang haha, I really like the accent and have big plans for it but the only hick up was when I got it they literally had no manuals for the Hatch. I was planning on trading it in but when I called in recently they still didn't have any, so it was a little disappointing. All in all its not to big of a deal i just wanted to see what it would be to do, my my shifttronic aint that bad either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts