Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, folks. I have a 2008 GLS . I wanted a better feature set so I swapped out the stock radio and replaced it with an Advent Amm12n . THis model is identical to a Jensen Vm9022 . For some strange reason, the sound quality has gone through the crapper. I know that 2008 GLS has an amplifier, but is it in the radio?

Also, on a totally unrelated note, does the 2008 GLS have a built in transmission cooler?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Greetings, folks. I have a 2008 GLS . I wanted a better feature set so I swapped out the stock radio and replaced it with an Advent Amm12n . THis model is identical to a Jensen Vm9022 . For some strange reason, the sound quality has gone through the crapper. I know that 2008 GLS has an amplifier, but is it in the radio?

Also, on a totally unrelated note, does the 2008 GLS have a built in transmission cooler?

Thanks for the help.
Are you using speaker level (speaker wires) or line level (RCA connectors) from the Advent to feed the speakers? If the truck has an external amplifier... you would have to use the Line-level outputs (speaker level output would be too high). You can always verify if there's an amp or no-amp by measuring the resistance of the speaker leads (vehicle's harness) behind the head-unit. It should be around 4 ohms between the +ve & -ve wire if there's no amp in the circuit or a very high resistance (approx 10K ohms) if you're measuring the input circuit of an amplifier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.