Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if I can replace the tires and wheels of a 2013 Sonata SE 2.0T (225/45-18) with another set with this size (225/55-18)?

I'm trying to see if my 2019 Forester's stock tire-and-wheel set will fit into a 2013 Sonata SE, without any problem. Thanks!

·
Registered
696 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
225/55-18 will fit and will probably make the speedometer more correct. Issue will be making sure the offset is close or the same as sonata wheels.

·
Registered
696 Posts
225/55-18 will fit and will probably make the speedometer more correct. Issue will be making sure the offset is close or the same as sonata wheels.
If the data is correct it's saying they're the same, not sure about the speedo , it'll depend on how much error there is now. Over this side our Design Rules state the vehicle must not travel faster than the speed indicated by the speedo.

Some of my cars are only 2-3 Km / hr under indicated

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
If the data is correct it's saying they're the same, not sure about the speedo , it'll depend on how much error there is now. Over this side our Design Rules state the vehicle must not travel faster than the speed indicated by the speedo.

Some of my cars are only 2-3 Km / hr under indicated
the issue with Sonatas is they are notorious for displaying speed ~2-4mph over what you are actually going. So my statement is that it will put it closer to accurate with a slightly larger overall diameter given the 55 instead of 45 sidewall.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
the issue with Sonatas is they are notorious for displaying speed ~2-4mph over what you are actually going. So my statement is that it will put it closer to accurate with a slightly larger overall diameter given the 55 instead of 45 sidewall.
On my 2017 ithe speedo was off about 3 mph , going from the stock 235/45/18 tires to 245/45/18 (0.75" larger diameter) corrected the error to almost perfect

1 - 8 of 8 Posts