Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been trying to research a little on the possibility of swapping the bench seats in the second row of my 2017 Santa Fe to captains seats. For what I've seen from diagrams on parts lists, it appears like it could be possible. But I was wondering if any out there had done it or tried.

My wife wants to have the bucket seats/captain chairs as it would easier to have 2 car seats in the second row and still have access to the third row. The other option is expensive and I don't really want to buy another vehicle.

·
Registered
173 Posts
First, you might want to make sure that it is legal to do this in your jurisdiction.

Second, make sure that the existing seat belts for the bench seat will work correctly with captain's chairs.

If you do go ahead with this modification, make sure that the torque specs are strictly followed. You don't want anything to happen because of a badly-torque bolt, especially since you intend to install infant chairs in the captain's chairs.

Personally I'd love to have the 50s style bench seats instead of the modern folding chairs...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would love to do this in my 2017 Santa Fe as well. I am having trouble finding any resources or people who have done it. Any ideas on where to even start looking to purchase captain chairs?

·
Registered
56 Posts
So I've been trying to research a little on the possibility of swapping the bench seats in the second row of my 2017 Santa Fe to captains seats. For what I've seen from diagrams on parts lists, it appears like it could be possible. But I was wondering if any out there had done it or tried.

My wife wants to have the bucket seats/captain chairs as it would easier to have 2 car seats in the second row and still have access to the third row. The other option is expensive and I don't really want to buy another vehicle.
i was thinking of this since a year , if this can be make without any fabrication on base of seat that's will be wonderful
also i was thinning if i can turn the second row chairs to be facing the third row its might give more space inside the car and it will be give easy cross to 3rd row

1 - 4 of 4 Posts