Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve tried to keep my 2012 elantra as stock and original as it was the day I bought it new.I live in the south and our roads are terrible and can no longer stand the harsh bumpy ride.I was considering installing a air suspension kit like what’s onmy other vehicle but the $3,000 price tag is no joke.I’ve been told to replace the factory shocks/struts and switch to touring tires.Yet sadly I like the look of all terrain tires (P21545R17),also I’m considering get it lifted three inches.Hopefully another elantra owner has a fix for my problem.I just want a smooth driveing experience.
Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Lifting even 2 inches and your car will look like a "nut job, dork car" like one of the dorks who buy old police cars and add push bars on them. Do you want 80% of the people looking at you driving and thinking " What a freaking dork", Not to mention the issues getting it aligned correctly. Put in some new KYB Gas-A-Just and in some cases there are only rears available, get new front OEMs over Monroe junk, so you are not doing a warranty fix in 30,000 miles. You can get OEM fronts on the online Hyundai discount sites.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
All terrain tires? 3"lift? Are you sure you have an Elantra, and not an suv?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts