Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped my car in to Hyundai last night after a clunk developed from the front left wheel area.

Had a call today to tell me the suspension strut had failed (At 3600 miles). This is what the dealer has told me, may or may not be accurate since according to them, anything other than the wheel is 'suspension or brakes'.

Anyone else getting issues or had issues similar to this?

When I first heard the noise I thought I was a victim of the current recall for axle failure but mine is apparently too new. I'd be curious to know if there are any thoughts to extend the recall, OR if there are any other potential component failures I should ask them to look for from others who have suffered the same fate?

Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I realize, but what I was saying is, is there potentially another issue on the left side that this recall might be extended to?

The shop I go to uses 'suspension' to categorize everything including the axle when explaining things to customers. If it's not the 'Wheel' or 'Brakes' it's the 'Suspension' even if it's a driveshaft. I've had to extract information from them previously.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I realize, but what I was saying is, is there potentially another issue on the left side that this recall might be extended to?

The shop I go to uses 'suspension' to categorize everything including the axle when explaining things to customers. If it's not the 'Wheel' or 'Brakes' it's the 'Suspension' even if it's a driveshaft. I've had to extract information from them previously.
I'm lost, was it the axel or was it the strut? Those are two unrelated parts. The struts are a pretty standard part. I had one leak on a new S10 that I bought once. Sometimes you just get a bad one where the seals don't seat properly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm lost, was it the axel or was it the strut? Those are two unrelated parts. The struts are a pretty standard part. I had one leak on a new S10 that I bought once. Sometimes you just get a bad one where the seals don't seat properly.
I'm yet to find out. The garage by me is yet to tell me if it actually was suspension related. They simply use suspension as an all encompassing term, even for things that aren't suspension related

·
Registered
32 Posts
mine had the same failed strut. i got a new left front strut and strut mount, clunk went away, although i think there is a bit of noise from the right front as well (though not as bad...probably going to wait till the right one gets louder as to not waste a trip for a mechanic to say 'no problem found").

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.