Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 accent (4 door automatic) will jump 200-300 RPMs for approx 1 second inconsistently but frequently when traveling at freeway speeds (70mph, 3000RPMs). I do not experience a increase/decrease adjustment in speed, I only notice the sound the of the engine racing and seeing the RPMs jump on the tachometer. I don't have any error codes. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

·
1,565 Posts
I wouldn't think there'd be an increase in speed if the surge was only 200-300 RPM for a second if the little accent is going 70 already. Maybe the car is downshifting like it does when you step on the gas hard, but I suppose the rev would be a lot higher than 200-300 RPM, more like 1500-2000 RPM's. Maybe take it in to get the ECU reset...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just baught a 2005 accent 3 door with an A/T about a week ago and have this same issue but at slower speeds too (around 40-70 mph). It seems alot like the torque converter is unlocking and locking repeatedly and as gregboyd said, it only changes 200-300 rpms. However it is only after the car is completely up to operating temp.
Has anyone else had a Hyundai with this issue and have any knowlage in what the cause might be? I almost wish what ever is causing the problem would just brake already so that I would atleast know wheather I need to replace the trainy or perform an easier repair.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts