Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to tint all my windows. I know the CIR is ceramic and better quality overall. Just wanted to know if it really is worth the extra premium they charge. Every place i got a quote from offered an avg of $200 plus for the CIR and only one place is willing to do it for $150 more. Anyone has any feedback on this?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ceramic tint will help with radio reception since the antenna is in the rear glass. Metallic based tints can interfere with the radio. I personally only use ceramic tint on all my cars. It usually holds up better too. That being said, I just paid $275 for 3M ceramic 20% tint on the sides and back, plus an additional $100 for them to do the front windshield in 50%. Anything in the $200 - $300 price range for a high quality product and install is a good price in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
You may want to check with your state's tinting laws before you tint your windows. If you tint too dark, you can get ticketed. Dark tinting can also reduce nighttime visibility. If these things concern you, you may want to go for the 3M Crystalline film. It provides very high solar energy and infrared rejection without reducing visibility. https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company...t=rud&ef_id=WkyDNwAAAaXDZS4e:20180103071607:s

·
Registered
37 Posts
You may want to check with your state's tinting laws before you tint your windows. If you tint too dark, you can get ticketed. Dark tinting can also reduce nighttime visibility. If these things concern you, you may want to go for the 3M Crystalline film. It provides very high solar energy and infrared rejection without reducing visibility.

Many states, including where I am in Maryland. Have made tint a secondary offense. So they don’t pull you over for just tint anymore, you have to be committing another moving violation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so after shopping the entire Bay Area, i ended up doing the ceramic. Sure it cost a little more but thought it would be a nice investment for the future. I'm not sure if in California is a sencondary or first offense but i rarely see people getting pulled over because of tints. While i was getting my car done i met a girl that actually got pulled over after 7 years of having the tint. So she took it to the shop to peel that off but said she was going to come back to get it tinted again. I think is more like a speed limit violation, we all now that going 10~15mph over the limit won't get you any problems. Will post photos later when the weather clears up a little bit. Thanks for your responses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts