Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunroof will not close. Checked fuse, it is fine. Looking for directions on how to manually close the sunroof. There is no manual, or "tool" available. I need instructions on how to remove the sunglasses/courtesy light unit.
I have downloaded the appropriate 2013 Elantra manual, but no directions exist regarding manually closing the sunroof.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Peace..........

·
Registered
1 Posts
Might want to check and try a reset on the sunroof, before you start ripping it apart. I had a similar issue on a 2013 sonata hybrid's panoramic sunroof. Check out other threads or Google it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Here is some info:

Resetting The Sunroof
Whenever the vehicle battery is disconnected or discharged, or you use the emergency handle to operate the sunroof, you have to reset your
sunroof system as follows :
1. Turn the ignition key to the ON position and then close the sunroof completely.
2. Release the sunroof control lever.
3. Press and hold the CLOSE button for more than 10 seconds until the sunroof closed and it has moved slightly.
4. Release the sunroof control lever.
5. Press and hold the CLOSE button once again within 5 seconds until the sunroof do as follows;
• Tilt → Slide Open → Slide Close
Then release the lever.
6. Reset procedure of panorama system is finished

If resetting the sunroof doesn't work, use a #3 philips to remove the 2 screws from the sunglass holder, pull the front down and slightly forward toward the rear view mirror and the back will come out. Let it hang by the 2 wire bundles.

Look above where it was and you will see a yellow connector that connects to the sunroof motor. Reach up and on the top side you will find the connector release by pushing down on it. You will see several wires going to it, but 2 will be larger than the rest - a Black wire (ground on pin 1) and a Red wire (constant 12V on pin 6). Also, on pin 3 (smaller mustard colored wire) you should have 12.5~14.5v voltage after the car is turned on (switched IG2). Verify that the ground wire shows continuity to chassis ground and that you have 12v on pin 6 (if not check the 15A fuse marked "sunroof" in the smart junction box to the left of the steering wheel. If there is no voltage on pin 3 after the ignition is turned on, check the bottom fuse on the farthest right hand row of fuses in the smart junction box marked Module 5 (7.5A). I *think* this is where the switched B+ is coming from. (I don't have access to an actual schematic).

The controls for the sunroof are on the map light assembly hanging down and are connected with a 6 pin connector - pins 1-4 are used with pin1 = ground. Switched B+ is used to "control" the sunroof. By grounding out pins 4, 5, or 10 on the motor connector, you can control the function of the sunroof.

If your IG2 (switched B+ source) fuse had blown, you would have other things not working.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts