Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi yesterday for the first time my sunroof suddenly opens automatically while driving, didn't touch anything.. Couldn't close it then, buttons didn't work for 10 minutes before finally works. i'll take it to the dealer monday morning...:confused:

·
22,788 Posts
I'm in agreement with someguy. Only the switch that I can think of (right off the top of my head) activates the sunroof. No switch, no opening/closing operations. I know this sounds crazy but, were you on a bumpy road? Hit a bump and it jarred the switch enough that the contacts activated? They should not have from a common sense point. But something caused that window to open. I'm just thinking out loud on here and throwing stuff out to see where it lands inside my brain. It all points back to the internals of the switch.

Should be under warranty, yes? If so, let the dealer worry about it. As a fellow sunroof owner, I sure would like to know what caused this. Please report back the findings.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Hasn't happened to me yet. But I'm interested to hear what the dealer has to say about it. I find the sun roof switch is a bit flimsy. I don't feel firm positive clicks when I operate it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now the switch is dead, tried it today and nothing happens when i want to open the roof... going to dealer tomorrow so i'll let you know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts