Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like someone stood on my roof and now the sun roof won't close all the way.
Initially it stopped half way but easing it with my hand helped get it to almost close.

At the moment it stops just before it closes the last inch or so and raises itself up. The interior sun roof slider (the plastic (?) one that physically blocks sunlight, not the top glass cover) looks like it may be preventing the glass part from closing all the way. I can't get the interior slider to open any further than how far the outer glass sun roof is opened which lead me to assume this is the case.

Tried forcing either but to no luck. Any way to troubleshoot this further without taking the roof apart?

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
It looks like someone stood on my roof and now the sun roof won't close all the way.
Initially it stopped half way but easing it with my hand helped get it to almost close.

At the moment it stops just before it closes the last inch or so and raises itself up. The interior sun roof slider (the plastic (?) one that physically blocks sunlight, not the top glass cover) looks like it may be preventing the glass part from closing all the way. I can't get the interior slider to open any further than how far the outer glass sun roof is opened which lead me to assume this is the case.

Tried forcing either but to no luck. Any way to troubleshoot this further without taking the roof apart?
You are going to need to remove it. If the regulator tracks/rails are bent you'll never get it to work correctly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts