Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

GenesisG70Forum.com - The Largest Hyundai Genesis G70 Forum, Community And Owner's Club

So last week, I had an issue with my sunroof not closing. It went up to the wind deflector area and then backed up. Had to take it in to the dealer to get it closed. They gave it back to me claiming that it needed a 'servicing" by dusting out the tracks and putting lithium lube on the tracks. It worked for about 5 hrs and then the problem re surfaced. Not only that but there is a clicking sound when the sunroof tries to close and the rubber is squeeking. It closes very very slowly close to the wind deflector and sometimes does not close but backs open. I have viewed two you tube videos with the exact same porblem on other 2015 genesis sunroofs. Does anyone know what this is and if Hyundai canada has a fix for it? The dealership does not seem to have a clue what to do

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also went through the same rigmarole. It worked until I left the dealership. I took it back to them and they kept it for 3 days and replaced the drive motor. Luckily I was given a G70 as a loaner which was comparable to the 2015 Genesis 5.0 which had this problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did
I also went through the same rigmarole. It worked until I left the dealership. I took it back to them and they kept it for 3 days and replaced the drive motor. Luckily I was given a G70 as a loaner which was comparable to the 2015 Genesis 5.0 which had this problem.
Did the new motor solve the issue? I have a similar problem with my 2015 genesis. Only 17,000 miles

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am very familiar with the issue it's a motorized issue but wouldnt be cover under warranty unless your sunroof completely fail. I had this issue as well I took it to dealer but wouldnt warranty due to not a part specific failure. Since your vehicle is under full warranty below 60k....you should be able to get the dealership to fix the problem. At 60k you are on your own unless you have a special relationship with the dealership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts