Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I wash my car I can reach up and in the slider track I can feel a tad bit of water. Should that be expected or should the sunroof be looked at? I have never owned a car with a sunroof so this is why I am asking.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (ssmuff @ Aug 30 2010, 10:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352964
When I wash my car I can reach up and in the slider track I can feel a tad bit of water. Should that be expected or should the sunroof be looked at? I have never owned a car with a sunroof so this is why I am asking.
You will have "some". Any idea how to guesstimate how much water is there? Are we talking film or puddles?

EDIT: I just checked the service manual, on page 673 it indicates 4 drain tubes, one at each corner.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe a tablespoon or so. Obviously the harder hands free car washes puts more water past the seal but it doesn't drip. The headliner doesn't get wet. I just use a dry microfiber cloth and wipe it off after each time I wash my car.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (ssmuff @ Aug 30 2010, 05:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353054
Maybe a tablespoon or so. Obviously the harder hands free car washes puts more water past the seal but it doesn't drip. The headliner doesn't get wet. I just use a dry microfiber cloth and wipe it off after each time I wash my car.
I read at another forum that the sunroof seals are not to completely seal up the window. I am unsure how accurate a statement that is. However, my Taurus, Probe, Maxima, and wifes Focus and Rav all have water in the channel when I am done washing the car. I use a self serve pressure wash on all my cars. Not a tremendous amount, but in the low lying areas there is more. I didnt pay attention to when I washed the Sonata two weeks ago, but she is due for a wash again and Ill look harder.

I would say unless you have puddles you should be fine if all your drains are clear.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I will continue to watch this. I am drying the water anyways so not a huge deal just wanted to see if any other sunroof owners noticed this. Either they don't wash there cars or they haven't heard this thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My three week old Sonata's sunroof leaks along the back edge as well. I took it in once and they "fixed" it, but then it started whistling when I was doing over 30 mph. It's going back to the service deptment on Friday to fix the leak(s).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Picked it up from dealer. I was told the sunroof is designed to let some water in and that it'll run out the channels. I searched online and alot of other vehicles have the same "design," but I'm not sure I like it. Guess I'll keep an eye on it and if it really bugs me I'll take it back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts