Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I've got a 2009 Elantra Touring with a sunroof. The cover that slides in/out to cover the sunroof has two plastic vents in it, presumably to still let light in when the cover is pulled shut? Frankly, they look tacky.
Does anybody know where I can find the parts diagram for the clips to hold these plastic shades in place? There's two pegs that poke through holes in the cover, and I'm assuming there's something that clips on the other side to hold them tight to the cover. They appear to be missing in mine, and the two vents keep falling out.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Gerard 2. I've seen those diagrams, but I don't think they include the part I'm looking for.
Here are pictures of the sunroof & 'vent' in question. It looks like there should be three little plastic clips that fit through the sunroof cover and into the holes on the backside of the vent, to hold it in place. Without them, the vents just continue to fall out. I'm not seeing the vents or clips in any of the schematics.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I have my doubts those are factory items. The manufacture date on those is 12/2007. There's also no hyundai/kia logo and no OEM part number. The date code stamp is also not what you'd normally see , that being a rectangular box with a number of years and months in a grid marked by dots.

Also a close up look at the cutouts I can see over cuts and looks non factory.

Just an opinion.:confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts