Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately my sunglass holder in the roof of my car is broken and will no longer stay shut. I looked and it somehow cracked at the screws where it is held in to the roof. I don't know if that's related to the fact it won't stay shut anymore.

I doubt it is, but is this a warranty issue? If so I would try and get Hyundai to replace it. Otherwise I'd probably just try and replace it myself. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Also if this is not covered under warranty can someone supply a part number for me. I tried looking it up and I can't find anything. I have the beige interior and a 2009 GLS if that helps.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I was going to join the "you have a sunglass holder?" crowd, but I just need to open my eyes a little more often. I just keep discovering obvious things about my car for the first time. First I discover the "express down" feature on the power windows, now this:

Neat. Looks like the manual overrides for the sunroof are hidden up in there too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I don't have a sunroof but I still have one. Looking at it the little plastic nub in the middle of the holder snapped off. I called and they said its not covered under warranty. Its also apparently a $130 part plus tax and labor to install it. Woohoo.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
lol, i'll pass on spending $85 on something like that-- it isn't a great inconvenience or anything. For nearly that much I can get a strut bar.

Thanks for the source, though. Good lookin' out.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The OP might be able to MacGyver something that would glue onto the broken nub and at least get the mechanism to catch and hold the door shut.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Well I don't have a sunroof but I still have one. Looking at it the little plastic nub in the middle of the holder snapped off. I called and they said its not covered under warranty. Its also apparently a $130 part plus tax and labor to install it. Woohoo.
Have you tried your local junkyard? sounds like this is something that could be picked up second hand for next to nothing

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hyundai sunglasses holder broken

I have only seen one other person complaint of a broken sunroof holder on this site. My 2012 sante fe sunglasses holder won't stay up! I have taken the mechanism apart and found that the a small plastic round piece no bigger than a dime is worn and is therefore preventing correct operation. Hyundai says I need to buy the whole new mechanism and at 130$ I find that absurd. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dont know where you got $130 phoned dealer this morning part is 7$

1 - 18 of 18 Posts