Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this the right category.

I have a 2007 Santa Fe and the driver side sun visor broke and is hanging by the wires. Obviously this is a defect in the design. I am not sure if there is any recalls on this issue.

As I did a search, I have found a range of prices from 140 to 170. I am baffled that a sun visor would cost that much.

Taking it to the dealer, forget about it. I am not going to pay 400 dollars for something I think I can fix on my own.

Where can I find a NEW sun visor for this particular car? I don't know the part number.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I hope this the right category.

I have a 2007 Santa Fe and the driver side sun visor broke and is hanging by the wires. Obviously this is a defect in the design. I am not sure if there is any recalls on this issue.

As I did a search, I have found a range of prices from 140 to 170. I am baffled that a sun visor would cost that much.

Taking it to the dealer, forget about it. I am not going to pay 400 dollars for something I think I can fix on my own.

Where can I find a NEW sun visor for this particular car? I don't know the part number.
You is free to walk up to dealer of choice part counter, have VIN in hand so person can load it into system to ID vehicle, then they will click on part and have number there as it apply to VIN and trim code (color of part),, sunroof,, or no sunroof,, that why they put VIN into catalog

They can order part from region PDC,, be there in couple day,, how easy is that ??

2 screw and 1 connector, give you 3 minute tops

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2007 Santa Fe and the driver side sun visor broke and is hanging by the wires...

FWIW, we had the exact same thing happen in my wife's car, an '06 Fe. Had it in to the body shop for other work, we asked about it and the best they could do was something like $200 + labor. We left it alone and managed with it but it was a big nuisance!

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is what I did, for a quick fix. It is working, so far. https://youtu.be/g9TZY4AXCw4 Make sure to get long enough zip ties. I think I got the 16" variety.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is what I did, for a quick fix. It is working, so far. https://youtu.be/g9TZY4AXCw4 Make sure to get long enough zip ties. I think I got the 18" variety.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have already removed the visor. That was the easy part of it. The hard part is trying to find the exact sun visor specifically made for this particular car. I don't have a part number or any identification of this sun visor so it would make it hard to look on Ebay and match the numbers. It is interesting to do the zip tie fix. I guess that is a cheap and quick way to fix it. I may go to the dealer but I am sure I will pay a lot of money for a simple thing called a sun visor.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There's a DIY repair out there

It happened to our 2007. I would need to search, but it merely involved a washer and drilling a hole for a cotter pin to hold the visor in place. Sturdy repair for a lousy design. - EDIT - by the way, I assume that the wires to the visor are Ground wires to provide a switched ground for the little light. Correct? ( I could use a hot wire at the sun visor)

https://www.hyundai-forums.com/cm-2007-2012-santa-fe/147492-2007-santa-fe-sun-visor-broken.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts