Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a new one for us, While driving, upon closing the Cloth Sun Shade, it stopped within about an inch from fully closing. I clicked the open Shade switch, thinking it got hung up on close. Without warning, the Cloth Shade portion whipped back, with a bang. Came completely off the side rails, with a force similar to those heavy spring loaded shades. I was able to retrieve the shade with the help of rubber kitchen tongs, but without visuals, couldn't for the life of me, figure out how to re-attach. Haven't had the time yet, to bring the car in for servicing... Curious to know if anyone else has experienced this?

·
Registered
2019 Ultimate 2.0t AWD
168 Posts
That's not good. Keep us posted. There's so many things I am looking for now and I'm OCD like that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love my 2019 Santa Fe... I don't regret making the decision to purchase. I wish there were a Fix-it yourself manual, I prefer to fix the smaller issues myself. The latest with the Panoramic Sun Shade... Dealer suggested dropping the headliner to access and fix. I am hesitant to have that done, as the headliner is nice and tight.. If I want this issue resolved, dropping the headliner, is exactly what will need to be done.

If this happens to anyone going forward and the shade has not partially or fully separated from the front aluminum bar, you might be able to fix this yourself. The stickers on the aluminum bar should be facing down, meaning... The cloth part goes over the top of the side metal clips, the aluminum bar needs to rotate under and clip up from the bottom. A simple, angle, front clip and push firm, but not force, back, to snap in place.

One other note... the cloth shade has flimsy plastic edges along the full left and right sides, this edge is meant to sit within the tracks on the left and right sides to guide and keep tension on the fabric. As in my case, this liner has also come out of those tracks.. Even if I were able to secure the aluminum bar to the metal pulls, left and right. The cloth will not sit flush, it'll have fabric ripples.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
673 Posts
This was a new one for us, While driving, upon closing the Cloth Sun Shade, it stopped within about an inch from fully closing. I clicked the open Shade switch, thinking it got hung up on close. Without warning, the Cloth Shade portion whipped back, with a bang. Came completely off the side rails, with a force similar to those heavy spring loaded shades. I was able to retrieve the shade with the help of rubber kitchen tongs, but without visuals, couldn't for the life of me, figure out how to re-attach. Haven't had the time yet, to bring the car in for servicing... Curious to know if anyone else has experienced this?
you should find time to bring it to the dealer, if you can. this will be covered by warranty. If you try and fix it yourself, and make things worse, you run the risk of a warranty denial when you do bring it in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Tex.. I plan on doing that... just need to make the time to leave the car with them.. I believe they said they will need it for a couple of days. I've also been worried about the warranty, since I am past the 12 month mark. You're absolutely right, I should make the time and get this taken care of.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
673 Posts
Thanks, Tex.. I plan on doing that... just need to make the time to leave the car with them.. I believe they said they will need it for a couple of days. I've also been worried about the warranty, since I am past the 12 month mark. You're absolutely right, I should make the time and get this taken care of.
Maybe you can push them to give you a loaner?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts