Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings, Looking for suggestions to cover this dimple in my trunk. Having it repaired at the body shop is not an option at this time. What would you do? All suggestions will be considered and in advance, thank you! Oh, the dimple is just below the Sonata emblem. Kind of looks like a 4 leaf clover smudge.

Although it does not appear like it... I see the Grand Canyon... Lake Erie, empty... and the meteor in Arizona! I'm sure all of you understand what I am saying.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Greetings, Looking for suggestions to cover this dimple in my trunk. Having it repaired at the body shop is not an option at this time. What would you do? All suggestions will be considered and in advance, thank you! Oh, the dimple is just below the Sonata emblem. Kind of looks like a 4 leaf clover smudge.

Although it does not appear like it... I see the Grand Canyon... Lake Erie, empty... and the meteor in Arizona! I'm sure all of you understand what I am saying.
My wife backed into our mailbox(says she got confused between brake and accelerator-"closes eyes and presses palms together".)
I put a "support our troops" sticker over the oval scratch and never looked back.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I was thinking along the same lines ... it looks too big for touch up paint but I wonder if painting a tiny four-leaf clover over the blemish would give your ride some character. :grin:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Covering with...

I was thinking along the same lines ... it looks too big for touch up paint but I wonder if painting a tiny four-leaf clover over the blemish would give your ride some character. :grin:
Funny... I thought I was the character in my car... :D Thanks Dennis! Actually, the paint is not damaged at all. Very interesting now that you mention it. Almost like it was a missed repair on a repaint. Hmmm... show me the CarFax! Never did receive this from my dealer and it is in my contract. I'll have to check this out. I took a few pictures last night that are much better. I will have to up load them shortly.

John, Did you wife borrow my car? :rolleyes: I like the support sticker as well as the 4-leaf clover Mennis suggests. My mind was going a little more like some sort of emblem. Big Red "S." Another thought I had was when you remove everything with a piece of fishing line or the like. What is this called? It's Monday... I'm old... ****!

Thanks again Guys!

Here is a close up. Shows the paint condition nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Overlooked...

I've overlooked worse....
Absolutely! I understand that statement. That is why I have done nothing with it so far. The paint is not damaged and truth be told, I am the only one who sees it and that is the problem... It stares back at me every time I approach the car on a daily basis.

I am going to check access and then look into a "metal massage" for lack of knowing the correct name. I've seen these guys do miracles with hoods and the like.

Thanks to all for your ideas and input. Who knows I may shave the entire rear end and deal with it then. My body shop matched the spoiler perfectly so that is an option down the road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts