Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two things that I would like to see "fixed" on future generations of the Sonata Hybrid:

1. If I set ALL.RDM when playing music back from an attached USB hard drive (I have a 40Gb drive USB connected), the ALL.RDM doesn't stay set over car off/on cycles. It should stay wherever it was last set.

2. The passenger seat (manual) should have a way of "raising" the seat higher (like the driver's manual seat). My wife complains that she can hardly see out of the car (she is 5' 4").

Kevin

·
Registered
521 Posts
Welcome fellow Floridian.

I think both have been suggested before. :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hyundai has always been a bit behind in the tech in their cars... I think that is just another example of that. Still love my HSH... I use more bluetooth than USB audio though :)

As far as the passenger seat... tell your wife she can drive and you'll sit over there :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have her drive? NFW...she has not driven much in any other car...why start now?

As far as behind goes...the Hybrid radio is pretty good on the whole...it would seem like the ALL.RDM should be able to be implemented by a firmware fix...but what do I know? Just developed software for 44 years <g>.

K

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm not sure I've ever got a firmware update for my hyundai radios :)

Who'd you write code for?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many companies and US Government agencies (US Army and DOJ) most recently. I worked for the FBI before retiring.

I actually got a firmware update for a previous JVC navigation system in my 4Runner.

K

·
Registered
592 Posts
Purchase the seat riser blocks for $60 -it is available from a third party KIA parts site. Do a search in the Sonata forums to find the link.

Regards,
GEWB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts