Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
so yesterday i just found out that i have a nail in my tire on edge, so its unfixable. I have planned to replace all 4 tires since they are wearing out.

I was looking at this Pilot Sport A/S 3 | Michelin Tires
but those are a bit pricey!

suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
I put on the Goodyears that run against the Pilot Sports. Asymmetric All-Season. I'm not running them in winter b/c I have a dedicated set. So far, I'm pretty happy with the Goodyears! They have rebates running most of the time to if you use their credit card it doubles ($80 doubled to $160). They are pricey but the rebate helps; but not as pricey as the Michelin. Do a search on the turbo forum for "Asymmetric", my thread should pop up with my initial review & pics. A lot of people seem to like the Conti DWS.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I personally am a Bridgestone fan. Got some Potenza RE960AS, Might be 970s now. When I had a ford focus, I put those babies on and man my car felt really different compared to the Hankooks on it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have the Michelin Pilot Sport's on my Track wheels.

I like the look of them. :)

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
If you are looking for longevity, Pilots are NOT what you want. I have had two sets on previous vehicles and with religious rotation could not get decent mileage out of em.

I had Potenza RE960AS on my last car and they did really well.

I plan on using Continental DWS this coming November to replace the OEM crap.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I just got a set of michelin primacy mxv4's for 129.99 each plus an 80 rebate when you buy four. they are one of the quietest, smoothest tires i ahve ever had, and they come with a 60k warranty....

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just got a set of michelin primacy mxv4's for 129.99 each plus an 80 rebate when you buy four. they are one of the quietest, smoothest tires i ahve ever had, and they come with a 60k warranty....
I agree. That is what I replaced mine with. Although mine were $145 a piece.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Another vote for the Primacy. 118.75 per tire after DTD rebate. I have the MXM4, which I have heard are best for smooth ride vs the MXV which are more performance-oriented.

BearCats---I had Continental ExtremContact DWS and those are hands down the best if you live in the snowbelt.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
BearCats---I had Continental ExtremContact DWS and those are hands down the best if you live in the snowbelt.
That is what I am hearing and kinda depending on. Here isn't really snow belt material (we DO get snow however and the drivers here are complete idiots) but I want to make sure we get decent traction. My brother swears by them on his MazdaSpeed3.

It could be the last winter we own the car though. She is expressing displeasure in riding "low" (car versus SUV) so I am going with All seasons versus winter rims/tires. My commute with the car was 2 miles each way. Hers is closer to 20 each way. So different requirements of the tire. No way am I letting her drive with OEMs in the snow...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts