Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 tucson with the limited package, touchscreen stereo with the "upgraded" speaker system with a subwoofer.

Basically the subwoofer is practically non-existent. I can barely hear its bass, I actually had doubts that it was that speaker the one I was hearing and not the front ones. I posted something about this on edmunds and somebody else posted something as well so I'll copy and paste it here.

Other member:

Has anyone had problems with no subwoofer output in their Tucson Ltd? Even if I crank the bass to the maximum, there is almost nothing coming out of the subwoofer. This is the radio with the Nav system.

I went back to the dealer and asked to check another vehicle on the lot, and guess what? No output from the subwoofer. Checked with the shop and was told that another customer had also complained of "weak bass" and they were trying to get information from Hyundai. I know something has to be wrong when the radio in my Elantra Touring has much, much better bass response than the much more expensive Tucson Ltd

My reply:

already has one in the back. Problem is it doesn't work!! I just did some tests, I sent all the audio to the back and literally put my ear on the subwoofer and I could barely hear any bass coming out (even if the audio is sent to the front a signal is delivered to the sub so it didn't matter). I am very dissapointed with this, I really need Hyundai to fix this, we paid extra for this premium system that actually sounds like crap.

Here's another interesting thing, I was reading the manual and there's an option under setup called power bass boost or something, but it is only available on the non-navigation stereos. Changing the bass levels doesnt really work as this changes the bass level on all the speakers and creates distortion. My old civic had an option to adjust the stock subwoofer separately from the regular speakers.

Oh and according to some websites, there should be an external amp. I wonder where it is. I'll check under the seats tomorrow. Hopefully it has a knob to adjust it but the dynaudio on my gti also has an external amp and it doesnt have any knobs.

Anyone has this problem as well? Any known solutions?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine is the same way. Unfortunately, I think it's just the case that the "Premium Audio Package" was anything but. I know I'm probably pickier than most, but overall the sound quality of the Tucson stereo is pretty terrible and the only solution is upgrading yourself. Throwing on a useless gimmicky sub and calling it premium is pretty standard, my old Mazda Protege was the same way. At least that gimmicky sub was included with your limited package and wasn't something you paid separately for, that would really be bad. I am interested to see if the amp has any adjustment though, but I highly doubt it. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
The sub is a joke.
I am thinking to add an amplified sub-tube, like the Bazooka on my other car.The 6" cost abt. US$130. Connecting the oem sub speakers wire to the Bazooka input.
This will require taking off the trunk right side panel to access the subwoofer to make the connection, run a power/turn on wire. I dont know how to take that panel off.
Hope somebody can add some insight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts