Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 HSH and updated my Blue Link for 2 years on Jan 4th. I went to remote start my car the next day since it's been way below temps in Jersey and wanted to take it for a ride to charge it. My app only said "please wait up to 24 hours for your services to activate". My wife's app says the same for my car. I try my wife's SFS and I can lock her doors. So the Apps were working as well as the Hyundai servers. So I call Blue Link... 23 min on hold I get a guy and he has me delete the app and reinstall. Nope. My car dash says I am "activated." I go onto MyHyundai and find all the PC Blue Link abilities also grayed out. He tries to start the car, and he can do it ?
So now I have a case number with Hyundai while the techs figure it out. Now the car was not driven in 6 days, so I did start and drive it around the block a few times. After pulling out of the driveway, initially, I saw a notice on the GPS screen that "your subscription has been updated". I initially thought that was the problem, but getting home I was still not able to do any Blue Link things.
A week ago I did make 3 calls to Blue Link number to find out if there were any coupon codes available, there were none. But each call was a 25+ min wait, I hung up the first two times a day apart each try. The 3rd time I did get someone that said there are no discounts, even for multiple cars.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I guess I'm old fashion or just plain cheap.. I just walk outside and start my car..

·
Registered
559 Posts
It's been -5 F here for most of the last week. At work my car is a ten minute walk to the parking lot. You had better walk fast. :smile:

·
Registered
669 Posts
I don't know that this is the answer, but I remember that the remote start is disabled if it is not used in four days (the car sits four days without being started at all by remote or key/fob).

Maybe it temporarily disables the whole thing until it is started with the key (or push button/fob)?

While that makes little sense, I have seen Hyundai do things that made less.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I said in the initial posting. I did go out and start the car after it sitting for a number of days. Tried it today and it still says "please wait 24 hours...."
The guy said it would take a few days for the techs to look at this.. maybe I'll get a discount code for all this. I say it's in the server's account, as my wife's car remote works fine.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I don't know that this is the answer, but I remember that the remote start is disabled if it is not used in four days (the car sits four days without being started at all by remote or key/fob).

Maybe it temporarily disables the whole thing until it is started with the key (or push button/fob)?

While that makes little sense, I have seen Hyundai do things that made less.
I'd guess that the car goes into a "sleep" mode after four days to avoid having the radio and other functions run down the 12V battery if it's going to be parked for a long time.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just tried it... it's working again. The app is not longer saying wait 24 hours.
I'll try a remote start Tue. morning.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it seems the 24 hour wait is over. Remote started the car twice, no problem anymore.
I'm wondering since it was a corporate car it had free Blue Link, when renewed it the server computer thought it was a used car and marked it for a 24 hour wait ?

It's also above freezing for the first time in Jersey in two weeks. It was -6 four days ago, it will be 50 on Friday...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Good to hear. Similar temperatures here today and tomorrow and then the bottom falls out on Friday and it's into the single digits for almost a week. Again.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Will be about 80F this weekend here :).
We'll be similar but dyslexic. 07F on Saturday and 01F on Sunday. Next week we're projected to be at 08F on Thursday and then 37F on Friday.

Definitely some weird weather here this winter with very wild fast temperature swings.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got into the car after using it for a few days at very cold temps and short trips, used 1/4 tank. 26 mpg.... got it up to 34 after a long drive in the 40s.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My wife's 16 HSH has been getting lower than normal mileage lately. I know the gas side of the drive train works more in the colder weather. The wife noted when your cab heat temp is higher than normal like about 74 degrees the vehicle uses more gas. When she was cranking up the temps with the cold snap we had last week, she was only getting in the low 30s MPG. Normal in the warmer weather its around 40 to 42 On a trip to Florida we were getting around 44-45 running at 80 MPH.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, no problems with the subscription update... assume that is fixed.

Got gas and did some driving since it's in the 40 - 50s here in Jersey the next few days... 42.5 mpg

It was 60 degrees at 12 midnight.. now it's 26 at 8 am. Cold front moving back in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just received a call back on a ticket case my blue link was not working. The agent actually told me that I needed to find a cell phone with android 5.0 on it to work. This operating system came out in 2014 and my car is a 2016 sport premium. Is anyone using an android phone with an operating system newer that is having success with bluelink? I am pretty sure they just don't want to fix it....

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a Samsung 7 and my wife an Iphone 8, both with all the updates. Yea, they had me delete my App and reinstall. It was something at their end form my "wait 24 hours". Make use you have the latest App update... no you don't need an old phone to use the Blue Link App.

I have a 2016 Ultimate... works fine with my new phones. What's the exact error ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts